Electric golf carts

captainhook

Do any of you guys use an electic golf cart for hunting? I think I am going to buy a used 2wd electric to slip around the club. My diesel powered F250 nor my Grizzly are very stealthy. I won't use it on rugged terrain just to get from the clubhouse close to the stand area.

gobblinglawyer

They are awesome.

I had the same idea this turkey season. I had a 1991 EZ-GO three wheeled cart (2WD) that I used extensively during my "play golf ever day" phase. I took the cart to Mr. Golf Carts over in Waynesboro and they refurbished it, put new batteries in it, put a dump bed on it, and camoed it for me to the tune of $800. That was probably some of the most useful $ I've ever spent.

I used it about every time I turkey hunted and frequently drove up on deer and turkeys. It really helped me get back to the truck quick when a gobbler kept me in the woods on a week day morning. I used it this past weekend to haul out a couple of bow kill does.

I highly recommend the electric golf cart. You should not have any problems if you stay on the woods roads. If you get off the beaten path and it's wet you might need to get "un stuck", though.

Good luck.

captainhook

I was thinking about going by Mr Golf Carts if I get the chance this weekend. I've got to show a new member around our property and set out some more stands.

burkecoboy

my wife bought me one from there for christmas, they have great sales and service. basic electric ez-go around $1500.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
Had a 48 volt Yamaha and used it for turkey hunting. I like to cover alot of ground when chaseing turkeys. I had experienced some health problems during this time and was not yet back up to speed so I needed the help. These things are fantastic for slipping around and being quiet. Electric carts do a good job on fairly level ground but will not pull much of a hill, at least not many times.

Does anyone know anything about propane carts? I hear they are quiet and have more tork....Don`t mean to hijack your thread

hoot

bradpatt03

we have an ez go jacked up with a booster on it for more torque and speed...we welded some gun racks to it along w/ a couple hooks and some headlights...its awesome for hunting...it'll really creep thru the woods....

broadhead

gobblinglawyer said:
They are awesome.

I had the same idea this turkey season. I had a 1991 EZ-GO three wheeled cart (2WD) that I used extensively during my "play golf ever day" phase. I took the cart to Mr. Golf Carts over in Waynesboro and they refurbished it, put new batteries in it, put a dump bed on it, and camoed it for me to the tune of $800. That was probably some of the most useful $ I've ever spent.

I used it about every time I turkey hunted and frequently drove up on deer and turkeys. It really helped me get back to the truck quick when a gobbler kept me in the woods on a week day morning. I used it this past weekend to haul out a couple of bow kill does.

I highly recommend the electric golf cart. You should not have any problems if you stay on the woods roads. If you get off the beaten path and it's wet you might need to get "un stuck", though.

Good luck.
Tom Borck just got his back from Waynesboro on Friday afternoon. The guy over there increased the power to 48 volts. The extra power is only needed to get through deep sand and mud. We went through some to test it and it worked great!
It is camoed, lifted, has nobby tires and will do wheelies! It has a fold down back seat which creates a platform for hauling deer, stands, etc. There is a basket on the front for hauling smaller items. All it needs now is a gun rack.
We rode around the farm yesterday just before dark and slipped up on a lot of deer feeding on the edge of the fields. You can cover a lot of ground very quietly in minutes.

Keith48

They are great! My stepdad has worked at EZGo for over 25 years and he bought one from the test track that they were going to junk about 10 years ago. He had it jacked up about 4 inches, put the knobby tires on it, and just painted it himself. It has a bed on it and he had a hitch put on it.

He uses it to go duck hunting at Phinizy Swamp now. He hauls the boat on a trailer and throws his little jon boat in the back of the truck. When he gets to the swamp, he hooks the trailer up to the back of the golf cart and throws the boat in the trailer! He has not upgraded power or anything other than new batteries and it pulls all around that swamp with no problems. I have used it on the farm to pull a couple of deer out of the woods.

captainhook

Thanks for the replies, I definitely will go with 48 volts. The lift and tires I'll probably do later. I'll use the 05 grizz for the rough spots.