New Boykin

rip18

Congrats! You are in for a load of fun!

Hairy Dawg

So what kind of training are you doing with her? I believe they come out of the womb doing what you just described.:yeah:

I hope yours impresses you as much as I've been impressed by Reese.

MudDucker

Staff member
I sure miss mine.

RIP Angel

throwdown

Thanks for all the kind posts, it's been a couple of years since I have trained a water dog, I needed this.

Hairy Dawg, right now I'm just sticking with the basics, sitting, staying, heeling, not pee'ing on my girlfriend's pillow:hair: I've also been working on her nose a little bit with some duck wings, I'm amazed at how far this little brown dog can follow a track. I have a feeling this is going to be the "ONE".

Hairy Dawg

I was just joking with you about the training. My Boykin seemed to learn the basics so fast that it seemed that he came out knowing the commands.

Sounds like you're right on track with your training. Just remember that for the first 5 or 6 months to use very low pressure, if any, and keep it fun and short. This will pay big dividends in the future.

Good luck

Nitro

Banned
I have been a dedicated Lab owner/trainer since I was 12 years old. We were never without a Lab.

That being said, the "Little Brown Dogs" worm their way into the family and your heart.

This is my Daughter's dog, but she owns me. The Boykin is a wonderful. special breed. Cooper rules the roost around here.

Attachments

• coophold62808.jpeg
    coophold62808.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,314

WaterfowlFreak

Congrats Man! You have not made a mistake by owning one of the most brilliant minded dogs there are! I know we share this forum with alot of DIE HARD LAB OWNERS, that will turn thier nose up at any other breed!

All I have to say to them is, you must have never seen one of these "Lil Brown Dogs" work! They are amazing! They hit the briars, water, woods and anything else you throw at them wide open without hesitation!

You will love this breed and you will grow to love your dog! I know we sure do love our lil brown dog!

mello_collins

I have wanted a dog, particularly a boykin for awhile. My wife does not like animals unless they are served on a plate though. She has finally given in and said I could get one but she has to have a bigger house first. :( I hope yours is as good a pup as every other boykin I have seen. Congrats!!! :yeah:

QTurn

Fine lookin' pup you got there!!

Here's my "Buddy." He's 12 weeks old.

P2210001.jpg

P2220005.jpg

P3030030.jpg

P3030036.jpg

Esylivin

Congradulations on the Boykins. I'll never be without one. Hope to see ya'll at some of the hunt tests. Something to do with your pup during the off season.

WaterfowlFreak

Congradulations on the Boykins. I'll never be without one. Hope to see ya'll at some of the hunt tests. Something to do with your pup during the off season.

Hey Dan I saw Chief in the D.U. Magazine! My wife pointed it out to me, been working so much lately l havn't gotten a chance to congratulate ya on a fine darn Boykin!