North Ga. campground

tom turkey 2x2

I am looking for a camp ground to take my wife to in May. We need a camp with elec. and a CLEAN restroom and shower a must!! I would like for it to be very close to a good stocked trout stream. I have a small pop-up.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions along with web sites and /or phone numbers

Jighead

Gone but not forgotten
Try Moccasin Creek State Park if you got to have showers, otherwise I would camp on one of the Tallulah River campgrounds another 10 -15 miles up the road.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Unicoi State Park has Upper Smith Creek and the Hooch near by.

KDarsey

Try Moccasin Creek State Park if you got to have showers, otherwise I would camp on one of the Tallulah River campgrounds another 10 -15 miles up the road.

Good answer!
And you are only a short drive to Tallulah, Wildcat and the Soque.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
nuff said

Nope not nuff said........ I have lived here my entire life and there are a bunch of great campgrounds around that are close to trout fishing. Mocassin Creek is great choice, but it is not the only choice. There are quite a few more.......... Unicoi St. Park, Vogel St. Park, Amicalola St. Park, Turner's Corner Campground, Lake Chatuge Campground( http://www.georgiamountainfairgrounds.com/campgrounds.php ) are just a few to mention. If ya wanna please the better half something close to Helen should do the trick...... You get to go fishing and she can browse the shops......... Better hurry up though all of those usually fill up fast..............

antique41

In the same neck of the woods as Mocassin Creek is Black Rock State Park. Nice campsites, clean restrooms, and all the trout streams are down hill.