The roof !!

bany

Thought i'd toss a tip out. Y'all need to keep a running inspection on your campers roof. The sealer will crack constantly and allow leaks. So after a couple years it sure helps to check for those cracks a COUPLE TIMES A YEAR. Ace hardware sells butyl in a caulk tube and it works pretty good to seal it up.

Kootie

Since you mentioned the roof....please school me. I have been looking at used campers to purchase and some describe having a rubber roof. What does this mean?

hawgrider1200

Cold seal won't work on those roofs, boss????

R

redneckcamo

i stripped all the gunk an did mine rite ..... even with the snow an rain lately .....no leaks !!!! ;-)

RVGuy

Dicor is the best to use on the roof around the seams ans accessories depending on how bad the roof is. We've gone to Spraying bedliner on hunting campers at my shop. They will never leak unless you punch a hole in it. It's almost the same price as having Kool Seal/Elasto-Roof put on .

hawgrider1200

r u using linex or hurculiner or do u think it matters

RVGuy

We use a liner we get through our paint supplier, shoot it through a undercoating gun. Works real well.

bany

Since you mentioned the roof....please school me. I have been looking at used campers to purchase and some describe having a rubber roof. What does this mean?

it is a rubber sheet they roll out, fasten and seal around the seams.

bany

i never heard of butyl is it for rubber roofs? i have used dicor sealent before:huh:

butyl is what seals most windows, it's kinda like rubber. what is this dicor you speak of?

bany

Cold seal won't work on those roofs, boss????

what? i guess your talkin to me. just spot patched mine before this last flood and it's bone dry. seems to set up just like the stuff the factory put on.

insanehunter

dicor is what they sell at the dealership and what they recomend for the rubber roof i dont know why they started making the rubber roof the old tin was much better!:mad:

bany

i'd have to say i'm with ya on the tin,that rubber looks worse all the time. is decor something you have to heat up or something

deerehauler

i never heard of butyl is it for rubber roofs? i have used dicor sealent before:huh:

Dicor works best regular silcone sealent will ruin a rubber membrane roof

deerehauler

Dicor is a self leveling sealant and is very hard to remove once installed. It stays soft and flexible. It is used for lap sealing around vents and trim pieces

RVGuy

To do that size camper, you're looking at about 1000.00. That'll be 1/8inch thick and tinted white.

bany

I still don't follow the cold seal thing. I think "maybe" butyl and dicor are close to the same. butyl is a rubber not silicone,asphalt,or other.

as for a rubber roof you clean it and just put on the dicor the bath room skylights above the shower are the first place that tend to leakand then just feel the corners of the roof