When is your next camping trip?

jola

We're just getting into camping and are trying to find some camping buddies. We are going to Sloppy Floyd this weekend.

Anybody going camping soon? When and where?

Matt

We were planning a trip last weekend to hike into the sloppy floyd state park from the pinhoti, plans fell through, but we have set a new trip to hike into swingin bridge over the toccoa on the BMT on April 18. keep me posted on sloppy floyd, i've never been to that part of the national forest, but i've been going to blue ridge since i was a kid, have fun, hope the weather is nice for ya'll

marktaylor99

April 24-26, some friends and I are going canoeing in south Alabama and camping for 2 nights. I pray that it doesn't rain, or else we'll be miserable.
This is very different than what any of us have ever done. I been backpacking/camping before and "truck" camping but I've never been canoe camping. It presents a unique situation in which you can take more gear than what you can fit on your self.
I'm looking forward to it.

BoShank

We are headed to Carters Lake this weekend Camping from Friday till Monday. Going to do some hunting and fishing. Can't wait.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Sloppy Floyd is pretty nice, I was over there last week and it has really gotten prettier. I don't live but about 35 minutes from there, but still thinkin about camping there myself!

Randy

I'll be in Cape San Blas last weekend in April.

The Crowe

camp

headin up to coopers creek wma next week my son is out for spring break we will try to find some turkeys and do some trout fishing

TheLandlord

Goin' with Matt to the BMT, April 18th. Matt, we need to try and get Rob to go too.

I tested out that stove, dude, it's unreal. The thing boiled over from the time it took me to walk from the front of the truck, to go into the visor to grab a smoke.

Zack was asking if my Spaghetti recipe was from my "cookbook".

flameslickmet.jpg

Matt

Nice! So that means I can take my stove out of my pack and lighten the load?:rofl:

cardfan

Banned
April 24-26, some friends and I are going canoeing in south Alabama and camping for 2 nights. I pray that it doesn't rain, or else we'll be miserable.
This is very different than what any of us have ever done. I been backpacking/camping before and "truck" camping but I've never been canoe camping. It presents a unique situation in which you can take more gear than what you can fit on your self.
I'm looking forward to it.

Canoe camping is awsome...it is my absolute favorite camping...

Tank1202

Spring break this week, taking my boy up to Wildcat Creek for some man time. He is going to be the camp master. Its time to see if can think for himself. So far he has got everything we need. Not bad for 9 year old. I hope I don't forget anything, I would not hear the end of it.

Oldstick

Well in the Duh... column we drove down to Coffee State Park yesterday afternoon, intending to stay watch daughter's ball games plus relax for the weekend.

Don't remember the camp area being low lying, but anyway the whole park was closed and locked when we got there supposedly due to flooding...

Should have called ahead I suppose, but I didn't expect this would be a problem.

jola

Got back from Sloppy Floyd yesterday....had a great time. The campground was nice and quiet, well maintained. We fished a little and walked some of the trails. We had great weather for 3 days, but it was cold Monday. We took a new DVD and a deck of cards for entertainment.

Who camps at Carters Lake? Is there only one campground there, and what is the name of it? We've heard great things about that area.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Tryin to decide on a trout fishin/campin trip. Probably go to Unicoi and hit the Hooch, Smith's and Wildcat Creek. Probably early May.

ponyboy

gotta get to warwoman creek soon , the trout are callin my name .

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks like my whole family wants to do something so Moccasin Creek SP is the spot;Four or Five RVs full of fun.:fine:

BANDT

not until July. Going to Helen Ga, camping at Unicoie (sp.) state park for 4 night.