my first elk hunt

jrgriggs

hey guys i just got back from my first elk hunt and it was awsome. i was lucky enough to take my first elk a 5x5 and was also able to watch my dad and grandpa take bulls just wanted to share here are pics of mine and my dads bulls

Attachments

• elk1.JPG
    elk1.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 522
  • elk2.JPG
    elk2.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 445

CAL

JR,
Those are great animals and I am sure all can tell you had a great time by your smile.Where did you folks go to find such beautiful trophies?

jrgriggs

yea our freezer is so full we had to buy a second one for all the meat and we havent even started deer hunting yet

Christopher,
Congrates to you, your Dad, and John L. Those are awesome!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Congrats Jr. !!!!Good job by all three of them Griggs fellows !!! :shoot: :shoot: :clap:

jrgriggs

hey guys thanks for all the positive feed back. We were hunting an incredible place, had an incredible time and i got to share this memory with my 2 best hunting buddies, my grandpa and my dad. i really hope that we get to continue having a blast hunting together for many years to come.

jrgriggs

hey guy i just got my grandpas pic in and i just wanted to share his trophy

Attachments

• pops bull.JPG
    pops bull.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 115

Mrbowdeadly

That is a picture without price. Hang on to that one my friend, the memories in that single picture are ones you will want for a lifetime. You should enter that photo in the photo contest. Awesome.

MBD

jrgriggs

a photo contest i didnt think my grandpa looked that good :bounce: lol

but u are rite this memory i will never forget

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Congrats To The jrgriggs Bunch

On a fine family hunt and a WHOLE bunch of GREAT memories :clap: :clap:

leo

gabowman

Fine hunt and alot of memories there. Back up all your digital pics to CD and store them away, you'll want to show them to your kids one day. One thing's for sure, thems' hosses especially compared to what we have to hunt around here. Congrats JR.

GB

Ga-Spur

jrgriggs; tell us about what happen after you shot those magnificent animals. How did you get them back to the house? The skinning , cutting up and packing to take home.

jrgriggs

hey ga spur well getting these animals to the lodge was no simple task. on the first day my grandpa shot and it was like 11:00 when he shot. and we spent like 2hrs cleaning and quartering him no big deal rite but how are we supposed to carrying these 100 lb quaters out so the guide called 2 4wheelers to help us because he shot like 2 miles from the road so we got in the truck add that was that. on mine it was easy i shot in a field so we drove up to him after gutting cause we wanted the cape the we winched him into the bed and quarted him after dinner. my dads was the same but i will always remember these times in my memory and i cant wait to do it again hopefully