Oconee River to Altamaha river To Darien

jams97ls

Anyone done it? Me and some friends were thinking about taking jon boats and kayaks and camping for a week or so. Any advice???

ccbiggz

I've always wanted to do that too. It would be an awesome trip.

crossbreed

my hunting camp is on the oconee river if you go down it bring a gun for all the snakes. i think if i was going to do that it would be in north east ga near clayton.

Derek Edge

The snakes won't bother ya. I have never done it, but have friends that do it every year. Just wait until the water drops though, I think we're still above 20 feet....::hair:

bowtechfan

Guys Do It Every year!!!

There are some guys in Milledgeville that have done it for the past few years. Matter of fact they are doing it this week.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've done it.

Done Lumber City to the coast several times.

If you do it after the first of June, the bugs at night will be terrible. You will see lots of snakes, some gators.

It's a great trip on one of the most undeveloped rivers in the eastern United States. Great fishing.

Derek Edge

Believe me, the bugs are already out at night, we made a trip back about 9:30 the other night and you literally had to go idle speed to keep from having a face full of bugs.

crackerdave

Anyone done it? Me and some friends were thinking about taking jon boats and kayaks and camping for a week or so. Any advice???

The only advice I have is: Travel smart,and travel light.

Have fun - and TAKE PICTURES!:cool:

wmasseyiv

I have been from Uvalda to Jesup in a canoe, and the trip is great, but even in early March the Skeeters would haul you off at sunset.

Nimrod71

I have made the trip several times and it is fun. The river is falling fast so don't wait to long. Its and easy trip just carry some bug spray and good fishing tackle and you will have a good time.