Need to Vent about plum creek Lease

ejm

If you are a plum creek lease holder or are considering getting one you should listen to this. First let me say that this little lease is not my sole place to hunt thank goodness, but what if it was, and more importantly it is the principle of the matter. Anyway, I had this small lease in McIntosh Cty for a few years then let it go last year since I didn't hunt it that much. Well they sent me a letter this spring offering it to me again, I said what the heck it was a good place to get a hog if nothing else, and signed up again.
A couple of weeks after I had renewed the lease, they sent me a letter stateing that they were putting some lands on the market, and my lease was one of them. I was still not concerned, figured oh well I guess I can enjoy it this year anyway.
Then today, two days before the opening day of deer season, they send a letter informing me the land has been sold, I need to remove my property as soon as possible and they will be sending me a refund. EXCUSE ME!
First, why offer it to me in the first place if you are selling it. Second, if you are selling it, why not tell me before I sign the lease. Third, how can you inform me two days before deer seaon that I have to get out. What if this is my only place to hunt, too late to find another club by Saturday. "You'll be receiveing a refund", yeah, you think.
They wanted their cake and to eat it too. Try to sell the land and get the lease money. Bear in mind i was not on this place last year, they were not doing me a favor letting me stay while it was on the market. They offered it to me knowing full well this could happen, and not bothering to inform me of the possibility until the papers were signed. If you sell it, fine, inform me that at the end of the year the lease will not be renewed.
Beyond that I would like to ask you guys what could I do beyond complaining, it seems to me they were deliberately dishonest in their representation, but I could be wrong. What do y'all think?

mikel

plum creek

they did not even send us our papers this year

Timbo

Man,sorry to hear this.We also lease from plum-creek,but I wouldn't be surprised they do it to us too.

HMwolfpup

similar situation

Our club was notified in August that we were losing about 300 acres that they had decided to sell and there was nothing we could do about it. We got lucky though, we found out who bought it and they were willing to lease it back to us plus another 700 acres they owned with it. We figure eventually they are going to develop it with the way this guy is buying up property around there, but at least we have it for now and from and individual and not a timber company. Maybe you can get lucky and the person who bought it may be willing to lease it back to you. Good luck!

How2fish

sorry to hear that not sure if there is really much you can do... :banginghe