Opinions - Best duck and goose calls for N GA

NCK

Not too keen on any of mine.... Please share your favorites and why....

Thanks!

Boudreaux

Yeah, the best duck call for GA is to pick up the phone and dial an out-of-state guide service.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Keep the mans thread serious.

DeweyDuck

Duck and Goose calls

How about the Echo cocabola timber for the ducks. It's not too loud and will make all the calls, even the cajun squeal. With some serious practice you can get into the bouncing hen as well. My goose call is the Foiles straight meat honker. It is deep toned and doesn't take too much air to run.
However, you should not try this alone, I'll come up to help out on your honey hole this winter. LOL

7mm mag 06

flextone or any "cut down game call" timber talker

LOVEMYLABXS

NO calls, be where the ducks want to be and you are good!

Sometimes nothing truer can be said but to me the fun of duck and goose hunting is learning how and when to call. Not being a timber hunter can't help ya out with that but for open water I like my old Olts made of walnut unfortunaly they are no longer made but a company called DJs call now makes basicaly the same call the guy that runs it use to work for Olt before they went out of business. Not having one yet I can't testifiy on there sound but I do plan on get one. I like the walnut wood in calls but that's just me. I like the olts cause I can make them loud enough to get the birds attention at distance but can qquiet them down for close in work. And they won't break you bank JMHO

emusmacker

I like haydel's and for the money, quack head ain't bad.

Alaska

I am a fan of Zinks power hen, but like stated the best is knowing when and how to call. This can be done with any call! Ducks dont know how much that call cost!

fowlmouth

It really depends on where you are hunting and what kind of ducks your calling at. Buck Gardner Calls has all that you could ask for in duck call selections. The Main Street is a SWEET top in call. It will go from real loud to ultra ducky. And the Spit Fire is a softer duckier call ideal for foggy days or in tight spaces. PM me if you want to try some out. Im in Chattanooga.

Skyjacker

I am a fan of Zinks power hen, but like stated the best is knowing when and how to call. This can be done with any call! Ducks dont know how much that call cost!

Zinks PH-1 is a great all around call and probably my favorite call for calling mallards in tight spots. Its not my go to on open water especially on windy days as I think it lacks some volume. They make a PH-1 Open Water call, but I haven't tried it.

The Zink XR-2 is really nice if you prefer a double reed. Some people swear by that call.

trckdrvr

I can make any duck call sound anyway i want it to..and with practice..you could to.

It ain't the call..its in the tuning..and how you use the call.

No offense..but it's true.

driveby

Check out Dixieland Calls. They are hand made by Brian Phillips in Guntersville Alabama. He has a new short barrel coming out this year that is absolutely awesome. I have the prototype trying it out now. Brian is a super call maker and his calls have won many big time shows and awards in the working call division.