Where to find them at Jackson?

Me and a couple of guys are heading to Jackson this weekend. We are taking our bows out for the first time this year. We just started bow fishing late last year so this is new to us. Any suggestions on where we could go during the day/night? Thanks for your help!!!!

aaron batson

We saw tons of gar swimming in the very backs of the coves near the dam on the Martins side of the lake. Som big ones too....

biggabuck

Try below the dam. Just be 150 ft away from anyone else fishing. Or the man will right you a ticket!! Trust me i know.

snuffy

Try below the dam. Just be 150 ft away from anyone else fishing. Or the man will right you a ticket!! Trust me i know.

And wear your flotation device or you will get a ticket. My son and son in law know. :)

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Me and a couple of guys are heading to Jackson this weekend. We are taking our bows out for the first time this year. We just started bow fishing late last year so this is new to us. Any suggestions on where we could go during the day/night? Thanks for your help!!!!
anywhere in the middle of coves will have your toothy advisary. i have seen them in numbers above the convergence of the yellow river, and alcovy going to the dam. before the lake takes a left to go to the dam any cove on the right side will hold large gar. look for flipping shad!:cool::pop:::ke::bounce:

snuffy

I cant find any thing on this? It only has to be in the boat(could be wrong)maybe someone else on the forum will know?

It is posted at the boat ramp behind the dam. It is considered a hazardous area.
Cost my son and son in law $120.00 each. They had them in the boat but were not wearing them.

Outdooralm

I am there frequently and have seen that sign before. Does anybody know why the "No trespassing" signs are on the parking area next to the dam (on the Jackson lake road side)
Everybody uses it anyway.

S Adams

It is posted at the boat ramp behind the dam. It is considered a hazardous area.
Cost my son and son in law $120.00 each. They had them in the boat but were not wearing them.

Ok, Hazardous area i can see that,but i cant see $120.00 each