Dh

WinMag.300

Will be on the hooch tomorrow provided we dont get too much rain tonight, then smith creek dh on saturday if anyone would like to join.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Have fun and please be safe.

WinMag.300

No rain

provided no rain I will be at paces around 8-830 am.

jt002

I usually hit the DH on my way home after work on Fridays. I've been doing pretty well on streamers at first and last lights and then dead drifting a Green/Black WB with a nymph off the back during the day.

Anyone else fish the Hooche DH often? If so what's working for you?

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard to beat the black wooly. I've been fishing one with some green flash too and I think it makes a little difference. Caddis coming off under the bridges during the morning. if the rain holds off and the poachers haven't torn them up too badly, tomorrow should be great.Found a stringer one morning last week with two little rainbows still attached, also a worm can stuck in some bushes.

WinMag.300

Poachers

:mad: man if that dont Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- you off!

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
No kidding, I'd like to walk up on that dude. I think they must be walking in at night from the parking lot at Riverbend.

jt002

I hear you Winmag... Unfortunantely all the good stuff was edited out!

Joe, I am curious if we found the same stringer. I found this on Sunday morning when I went under the bridge at Powers Island. Follow the orange string....

l_7fcdfae799a84223958a0cdff27f4a56.jpg

It had one dead one and two live ones attached. I cut the live ones loose. Felt good watching them swim away.

I am all for fair fishing..... If you catch/keep fairly then good deal. But when you use live bait and it's not May 15th, it's just not fair.

The DNR is doing the best they can to help! I've been checked twice in the last month at Powers Island. Everytime I get checked I make sure to personally thank the DNR agent for what they do....

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
No, the one I found was green/brown striped. Both fish were dead. I cut 'em loose and threw the stringer and the worm can in the trash can. (I laughed to myself thinking about what I would tell the Man if we ran into each other on the way to the trash can.) I'm glad you've seen him down there, the only one I see is the parking cop collecting the Clinton parking tax.But that's for another thread.......:rolleyes:

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
And I'm with you JT. Keep all you can by law if you want after it's legal.

jt002

(I laughed to myself thinking about what I would tell the Man if we ran into each other on the way to the trash can.)

HAHA! That is great. When I was cutting those fish off I was thinking to myself that conservation wise it was a great idea.... but. It was early, I was the only person at Powers Island at the time, and I was off the beaten path.

Honestly my whole life I have seen them here and there. Last month was my first time ever getting checked. I made sure to tell my friends!

It's sad that the state is cutting funding for the DNR. I would gladly pay an extra $20 a year if it meant protecting such a gem like the Hooche.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've been checked in my boat farther north on the river. And I'm old enough to remember duck hunting at Morgan Falls. There was a game warden in Cobb County then named Red Morgan who used to check us all the time. He was an interesting fella who finally ran afoul (no pun intended) of some other game laws (so I am told). The Hooch is a gem for the state. A lot of people have been introduced to the outdoors on it. It's changed a lot in my lifetime, both good and bad.

Prof. WinMag,

While in Helen, pick up a couple of Island Park Specials and a San Juan or two for Smith's and lot's luck!

Frequent Flyer