GSU & Fly Fishing Instructor Volunteer

jt002

A friend of mine, Carson Tortorige(who also took the sweet picture I have as my avatar), is the new Outdoor Recreation Coordinator for GSU's Recreational Services. GSU has one of the top outdoor recreation programs called, "Touch the Earth", in the southeast and is able to offer students a wide range of outdoor activities from rock climbing to whitewater kayaking. Having this resource in the city is a major benefit for the students. In the past the outdoor program was able to offer a fly fishing program to the students. The previous volunteers have since moved on and touch the earth no longer offers these program.

This past year I was able to help offer an "Intro to fly fishing" trip which involved some of the very basics. We took some students to the Hooche and taught them a cast or two, covered the basics of gear, etc and then put them on the water. Unfortunately with my increased load of work/school I was unable to do any trips for this spring/summer. I am reaching out to the AFFC to see if there is anyone that would be interested in helping get the fly fishing program at GSU's touch the earth going again. One of TU's goals is to protect our coldwater fisheries through sustaining them by getting more people to love the sport the way that we all do. This is why I would like to help Carson get TTE's fly fishing program revived.

If interested please contact me @ jeremy_mills@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jeremy

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thats a good post. Maybe someone with the time will step up!:cool: