Used Contender

badkarma

I found a Contender for sale with a 44 Mag barrel. Woodstock handle with blued metal frame. The barrel was stainless steel with a wood foregrip. It was $189.00! Not knowing a lot about this gun, is this a good deal or should I be afraid something is wrong? Do the stainless barrels mix with blued frames? Not sure if it is an old one or the newer models.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Buy it!

If it has engraving on the frame, it is an older model (typically called the G1 now).

Stainless barrels work with blued frames just like blued barrels work with stainless frames. They are all interchangeable. Any Contender barrel will work with either of the Contender frames as well.

Lastly, if you decide against it, let me know where it is and I will buy it.

R

redneckcamo

better go back an get that !! ... my sister had one just like that (all blue tho) it was fun an very accurate !!

or fun because it was very accurate mite be a better way too put it !

tv_racin_fan

Some reason you decide you don't want it I would love to have it.

badkarma

This one had a mountain lion engraved on the frame just above the handle. I am almost certain that's how much it was. Also had the Ruger model with the .22 barrel for around $200.00

W4DSB

better hurry! it won't last long

contender*

It would surprise me if that were the correct price BUT if it is you better snatch it up!:clap::clap:

badkarma

I am going to go today and try and pick it up. I have a feeling they will want to 'adjust' the price when I try to check out. It is probably gone anyway.

dertiedawg

I found a Contender for sale with a 44 Mag barrel. Woodstock handle with blued metal frame. The barrel was stainless steel with a wood foregrip. It was $189.00! Not knowing a lot about this gun, is this a good deal or should I be afraid something is wrong? Do the stainless barrels mix with blued frames? Not sure if it is an old one or the newer models.

Whatever you do... DO NOT BUY THAT GUN!!! There must be something wrong with it. Tell ME where it is and I will check it out for you. :fine::fine:

badkarma

Too good to be true, just as I thought. Price is $400. They had some new guns come in yesterday and they caught it when they were rearranging the cases. But is that still a good price for it?

contender*

No, too high for just the frame and barrel and furniture. If it had a decent scope it would be a good deal. About 325 would be as high as I would go as described. Offer 300 and see if they counter the offer. :huh::huh: