Any ideas?

kirby

I'm looking to take the wife and myself to the beach r.ving. I have been to P.C and a few other places and i was looking for something new. Anyone have any ideas. I would like to go to the beach but i'm up for any ideas. We love to bike so if there is a place that has trails that great also. Let me know

Give Jekyll Island a try. Campground is very shaded. The sights are tricky for bigger units because of all the trees.

Lots of bike trails over the island. The beach is not as pretty as the gulf coast, but you dont have all the ugly condos.

jola

We are going to Hunting Island, SC this summer. The whole island is a SC state park, and it has the beach, campground, lighthouse, bike trails, etc. We've heard great things about it.

marktaylor99

The base at Pensacola has a nice campground, with some bike/hiking trails. I think you have to be reseve/guard, active duty, retired, or a family memeber to stay there though...

hoochfisher

Banned
not the beach, but fort maccallister in richmond hill has nice camping and fishing, and the tybee island beach is just a short drive.

kirby

Yea i have been to P.C alot and we do have a boat to bring. I went to tybee island a month ago and styed in a hotel. Where is campground, and can you dock a boat or is it inland.

billy jr

myrtlebeach has some nice campgrounds. we have been campping there for the last 12 years. Pirateland is where we stay . you can stay in shade or next to the beach,

hoochfisher

Banned
NICE camping facilities. grill, water, power, clean, showers, laundry facility i believe, boat ramps, fishing pier withing walking distance.

couldn't tell you about the reds, as i have no boat,yet::;.
we camped one week, fished day and night from the peir, catching 1-3 foot sharks on every cast. it was great. cant wait to get back there this september.

lot's of wildlife there too. saw deer every night.

that being said, i'll tell yall a little story......

on our trip there, we were fishing the first evening on the pier. from the pier you look across the water to an marsh island. close to sundown we heard a wild hog making some noise,squeeling,etc. now see, my wife grew up in W.V., she still fishes but has more or less become one of the city folk nowadays. she says in response to the hog noise, what on earth was that! i tell her a wild hog. and since we were seeing deer and various other critters on our side of the river, i warned her if she sees a hog get in the car or as high off the ground as she could, as it's a wild animal that can really do some damage if it takes the notion to do so.

fast forward a bit, were done fishing for the night and getting ready to get in the tent. see we were using bags of shrimp for bait, and like a dummy i left a bag out on the table outside the tent. 20 min later we hear the bag rustling, and since i was just about to die from the heat that night, im in my boxers in the tent. i tell my wife to grab the flashlight and see what the noise was, while i put my clothes on. so she does, and as she gets out of the tent the light hits the tree top, and i see the culprit, a racoon had stole the bag and made it's way up the tree with it.

she misses this and is walking around with the flashlight, since i know whats going on, and nothing there that'll hurt her, i stay in the tent. "where are you?" " i'm getting dressed" "GET OUT HERE! NOW!!!" "ok hold your horses a min will ya" while i'm "getting dressed" i let out the longest, loudest impression of a hog i could.
i garuntee you her screams got every person in the park out of thier tent. i come out of the tent, doubled over from laughing, and squeel agian and she knows it was me!!!!:rofl:

now every time we go fishing any where, i wonder off a bit squeal as loud as i can. when she sees me, she gives me the worst eat ... and die look you can ever dream of!:bounce:

for the life of me, i cant figure out why?:bounce:

tylerhortman

NICE camping facilities. grill, water, power, clean, showers, laundry facility i believe, boat ramps, fishing pier withing walking distance.

couldn't tell you about the reds, as i have no boat,yet::;.
we camped one week, fished day and night from the peir, catching 1-3 foot sharks on every cast. it was great. cant wait to get back there this september.

lot's of wildlife there too. saw deer every night.

that being said, i'll tell yall a little story......

on our trip there, we were fishing the first evening on the pier. from the pier you look across the water to an marsh island. close to sundown we heard a wild hog making some noise,squeeling,etc. now see, my wife grew up in W.V., she still fishes but has more or less become one of the city folk nowadays. she says in response to the hog noise, what on earth was that! i tell her a wild hog. and since we were seeing deer and various other critters on our side of the river, i warned her if she sees a hog get in the car or as high off the ground as she could, as it's a wild animal that can really do some damage if it takes the notion to do so.

fast forward a bit, were done fishing for the night and getting ready to get in the tent. see we were using bags of shrimp for bait, and like a dummy i left a bag out on the table outside the tent. 20 min later we hear the bag rustling, and since i was just about to die from the heat that night, im in my boxers in the tent. i tell my wife to grab the flashlight and see what the noise was, while i put my clothes on. so she does, and as she gets out of the tent the light hits the tree top, and i see the culprit, a racoon had stole the bag and made it's way up the tree with it.

she misses this and is walking around with the flashlight, since i know whats going on, and nothing there that'll hurt her, i stay in the tent. "where are you?" " i'm getting dressed" "GET OUT HERE! NOW!!!" "ok hold your horses a min will ya" while i'm "getting dressed" i let out the longest, loudest impression of a hog i could.
i garuntee you her screams got every person in the park out of thier tent. i come out of the tent, doubled over from laughing, and squeel agian and she knows it was me!!!!:rofl:

now every time we go fishing any where, i wonder off a bit squeal as loud as i can. when she sees me, she gives me the worst eat ... and die look you can ever dream of!:bounce:

for the life of me, i cant figure out why?:bounce:

nice story by the way.

Latest posts