Hip wader patches

14pounder

I had this thread over on freshwater fishing and it was suggested that I move it over here. I bought a pair of hip waders from wally-world a couple of years ago, about $30.00, and already have holes in them. Anybody know how I might go about sealing them up? I thought about bicycle patches.

clent586

Well, I would say you did pretty good getting a couple of years out of wally world waders! Go back to wally world and get some of Hodgmens sealer in a small 3 ounce or so white tube with green writing. Should be around where you found the waders. Good luck on your project but don't be suprised if you still have leaks.

r_hammett86

look on www.bassproshops.com and get their aqua seal. that stuff is amazing. use it on all our waders. its like 8 dollers i think for a tube. not patches required. just smear it on let it dry and wala. no more leaks.

chase870

Possum Sox
$30.00 hip waders, and you got a couple of years out of them. dont waste your time patching them, buy another pair unless your wading in warm water and dont mind getting wet

30 bucks are you kidding me..Chunk them things in the trash can and buy another pair. I can't believe you got 3 years out of them.
I can't help you on your question. I've never tried to patch a pair. I personally would be afraid they'ed leak again. Duck season is not the time of the year that the kids like to go swimming (so to speak).JMO