Anyone think Auburn is for real this year?

BigMassiveDaddy

I'm starting to believe in Campbell. He has matured and found an offensive coordinator that can work with him. And we finally have some receivers that can make big plays. This has opened it up for the running game to be used more efficiently while the defense just shuts down the opponent. If they stay consistent, I believe it's going to be hard for anyone to overcome the Tigers.

It's been great so far, I just hope it continues.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
BMD,

I can't believe the way Campbell has played this year! I would not have given you a plug nickle for him prior to this season but now he sits back, deep in the pocket and makes the right decisions.

I would even consider him a Heisman candidate.

The most telling stat I've noticed about Auburn this year is that the number of 1st half punts for the entire season!

SlipperyHill Mo

I agree with Jeff. Last year, after the Tech game, I thought Campbell looked awful. He must have turned it around this year.

Auburn will be my second favorite team when they play the 'Frawgs!!

Go War Eagle!!

Jody Hawk

Yeah, they are definitely a top five team right now. Campbell put on a heck of a performance against Tennessee. Should be a great matchup when they host Georgia next month.

Double D

Sure Hope So

Hopin' that Auburn is for real - sure makes the Mrs. happy as an alum

I think the biggest difference this year is the maturity of Jason Campbell - no longer can teams stack the line against the running game. Hope they can run the table but it's gonna' be tough when you got to play UGA and Alabama!! Still should get to the SEC Championship game!! :clap:

Duff

Good looking Tiger team. Top 5 or 6 in the country is my opinion.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Yep ------ they're the real deal.

The Brown Kid from over round Cartersville is a good back. -- Heck, both their running backs are good and both will be drafted into the Pros.

I think their QB has something like a 70% completion rate.

They're tough!

Bow Only

Jim, his completion percentange is only 67%, but it's rising every week. The offensive output that Auburn has generated this year is impressive to say the least. The first team offense hasn't played in the fourth quarter since the LSU game. Jason has been pulled in the 3rd quarter in 4 or the last 5 games and still has 13 TD passes with 2 int's. As for Defense, they have not given up a rushing touchdown this year. That is saying something since they are the only team in the nation that can claim that. They played sloppy on "D" last week and gave up 20, a far cry from the 7.2 points a game they were averaging over 6 games. Ronnie Brown from Cartersville is a hoss and will be picked high in the draft. I'd pick him over Carnell, but both are first round picks. Carnell has added 15lbs of bulk and has cost him a step of speed. Ronnie just runs over you at 232lb. Campbell's #4 in the nation in passing efficiency and none of the top 3 are on a quality team playing quality opponets. As for impressive, Jason's 3rd down passing efficiency this year is over 220. That is far better than Heisman caliber. He also is averaging over 10 yards per passing attempt which would be a NCAA record if it stayed that high. Auburn's recent offensive accomplishments are 227 yards of offense in the first quarter against Arkansas. They cut it back some with a big lead and only had 522 for the game. Against Tennessee, Jason had 240 yards passing in the first half. Auburn has jumped on their opponents, stomped them in the dirt, and sat on the ball for 2 quarters. The stats speak for themselves. With all of this being said, there are some very tough games remaining on our schedule. UGA will not lay down and if they play like they did against LSU, I don't think Auburn wins. I don't think anyone can beat them when they play like that. And Alabama would love to be a spoiler in our BCS parade. A running game and good defense is how to beat us. If we don't get the ball, we won't score. Like Jeff said, we haven't punted in the first half since the LSU game and we're not turning the ball over very much. One game at a time. War Eagle!

from Bow Only, your Auburn Football Authority

LKennamer

I think BowOnly has been paying attention...

Summed it up pretty well, BW! Good to see the Tigers playing well, but you're right...one game at a time, we all know what can happen any given Saturday, and as is always the case, UGA and Alabama come at the end! War Eagle!

Bow Only

And I already have my Georgia tickets.

I think Jeff should personally apologize for his bad mouthing of Jason Campbell over the years. Starting under Bobby Petrino or Al Borges, Campbell has a 12-1 record with 6 wins over top 10 teams. You can't blame our poor performances over the past couple of years to Jason. He has done his part with real offensive coordinators. If he played all four quarters of our games, his stats would be gaudy. He is out performing all quaterbacks currently in the Heisman race. If the Heisman is based on stats, right now, he is the number one qb in the running.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Now Matt! I've been as humble as i can about Jason. Whether it was a confusing OC or whether it was Campbell's incapability that made him preform so poorly in the past, the fact remains that he was just not good.

I'll give him all the credit in the world as it is right now! He looks like a world beater!