Fort Stewart primitive weapon season

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you're itching to get in the woods with your smokepole Ft. Stewart opens their blackpowder hunting season tomorrow morning.It's either sex with a 2 deer limit only one of which may be an antlered buck.The season will run for 2 weeks and usually the peak of the rut will occur during this time frame.I've seen and shot some nice bucks on this hunt and I'll be out there tomorrow.Rain,rain go away!!

gsubo

You can bet I'll be there. I've had my eye on a BIG 9 pt for a week or two. I'd like to see him walk out and rub trees 50 yards away tomorrow like he did 2 weeks ago!!! If that happens he'll have a bad day. But your right this rain does need to go away. If not, all u guys coming from richmond hill/sav will have a long ride because the richmond hill gate on 144 was closed today because water was coming across the highway! Just wanted to give ya a heads up. Im assuming its the river coming across, but they were letting NO one through. Maybe it will go down :huh:

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good luck with that 9-point gsubo and thanks for the heads up on the highway.I watched a good eight point make a scrape and then fight with a slightly smaller buck just out of bow range last week so I'm ready to go as well!Keep your powder dry!:cool:

rcb

Good Luck tomorrow. I've been watching some nice bucks at Hunter, and I believe I'm the only one thats been hunting maybe 3-4 others that I've seen. I think blackpowder is permitted at Hunter.

Access to Ft stewart?

What would I have to have to be able to hunt Ft .Stewart? I'm doing a job in Statesboro and I can't work past 1pm cause of the movies starting. Some one told me Ft Stewart was only about 30 miles away.By the way, good luck on those bucks guys.

rcb

go to pass and permit. it is located on hwy 144. $40 for a year hunting pass. Must have a state license and a hunter's safety card. you can get a hunting/fishing combo for $55 i believe.

gsubo

Been hunting hard for either a big ol nanny or a big ol buck and neither had showed up til this weekend. For some reason I have seen a bunch of small bucks this year and only a few does??? Well that changed this weekend..saturday i flat out missed a doe. Sunday I redeemed myself and busted a got another shot at a doe and put her down. Saw 5 deer before 6 o clock. My dad pulled the trigger on a small buck this evening but his gun didn't fire. Also seen a nice 8 pt on the way out with my doe at about 7 o clock so theyre movin good in the evening right now. Also heard that one of my old bosses from summer work 2 years ago killed a 10 pt with a 17 inch spread in Delta 5 last week.