Golf cart type atv for hunting?

lswoody

I'm going to get some kind of atv in the nxt. year or so and am looking at everything that is out there. I'm going to get something used and as cheap as possible. Was wondering how you guys liked this type of atv. I don't really plan to do any food plots but will use a trailer to take ladder stands in and out of the woods before and after the season. I don't know how they are set up but assume they come in a 24 volt and 36volt systems. Anything I should stay away from?How durable are they? Any models with decent ground clearance? Are there any out there that are not wide like most tat I've seen. Maybe about the width of a 4-wheeler? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks, Scott Woody

Todd E

I like mine, but all it is used for is quiet transportation. I haven't tried to pull anything. I do plan to add a bed to it. They also come in 48v systems. Electrics are heavy(1200-1300lbs). You will need a heavy duty trailer to haul it. They basically are all the same width(wider than atvs). You can add from 4" to 8" of lift and bigger tires to them. On electrics, you need to swamp out the control module($380 part) or it will experience thermal shutdown when being driven at slow speeds. I love mine.

Attachments

• IM000821.JPG
    IM000821.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 455

500 S&W

:cool: :cool: Not cheap, but definately the way to go!

Attachments

• Auburn and BBB 016.jpg
    Auburn and BBB 016.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 404

JDAWG

000_0009.jpg

500 S&W

SouthPaw,
Total cost with winch, gun rack an delivery/prep was $9125.00

I got it from Ed at Southeast Diesel in Chattanooga. Super nice guy.

Sean

ponyboy

looks like all u need is a good p/u truck..........

Dub

Definitely need the rear seating.....

Attachments

• loaded rear deck.jpg
    loaded rear deck.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 271

Guy

Nah! He's not gay. Those girls look like they got hit in the face with a bag of nickels!:bounce:

Those two define the term butterface.