Anyone know what this is?

Big7

The Oracle
Trying to get on www.stevespages.com

Last night was the first attempt after going to
"windows explorer 8.0"..... the other day.
NOT having any problems elsewhere.:huh:

Thought his site may be down... but two nights in a row???

I keep getting the message below.
What da' heck does that mean?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
You may need to create an index.html page or enable the directory browsing by creating an .htaccess file containing "Options +Indexes".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.stevespages.com Port 80

What do I need to do about it?

Looks like a Chinese newspaper to me! :bounce::D

Please spell it out like I'm on
"not smarter than a fifth grader" :D Exactly what I need to do. :banginghe

Thanks in advance! :)

243Savage

Not sure if I can explain in laymens terms, or exactly right at all but here goes......an htaccess file is a line of text code on a website that tells the apache web server to allow directory browsing. That allows browsing of content within the directory where this file appears...ie., the web site content. In other words, IE 8 is not able to properly display the web page without the htaccess file on the other end. Lots of websites are playing catch up to IE 8 and we have restricted the upgrade to it on our network because it's so buggy at this point in time (at least in regard to our needs) Our webmaster works for me and he had my head spinning trying to explain that when we encountered similar problems on one of our test computers.

BornToHuntAndFish

Good answer. My father just had lots of problems upgrading to IE Ver. 8, unfortunately, then finally got it working.