Blackberry Curve Question

OutFishHim

I have a 2GB chip that I want to use, but when I put it in, my phone freezes up. It'll say Verifying Security Software...100% Security Tests Passed. It'll either get stuck on that, or the main screen gets stuck and no buttons or roller won't work except the aA button.:confused: I can take the chip out and phone will work fine. Any suggestions?

SmokyMtnSmoke

If you have an adapter to use the 2GB on your PC then use the PC to format the chip. Re-insert into Curve and see if that makes it happy.

UK bowhunter

did you get it fixed??? I just put an 8 gig in mine and didn't have a problem. Who made the chip?

contender*

Mine did the same thing when I first put the memory in. As SMS posted, all I had to do was pull it out, put it in the adapter and format on my laptop.

OutFishHim

I do not have an adapter. It came out of my brother's phone (also Curve) where it worked fine. Brand is Kingston.:huh:

I thought about going up to the AT&T store and letting my guy look at it.:huh:

merc123

Some SD cards don't want to work in the Curve. Try to take it back and get a different one if you can. The adapter is simply a mini-A USB cable which you would use for a camera. You can get them at WalMart.

Check out www.crackberry.com

OutFishHim

Ok, so I went to the store and he couldn't figure it out. The card will work in his phone though. He said my reader was not reading the card and told me to call the Warrenty Repair number. I did. I ended up having a "corrupt file" somewhere. I installed the disk that came with phone and backed up my info. Then we erased (wiped) the handheld. Card now loaded up fine and phone does not freeze! And I now know to back up my phone and get the updates!:biggrin2:

UK bowhunter

Ok, so I went to the store and he couldn't figure it out. The card will work in his phone though. He said my reader was not reading the card and told me to call the Warrenty Repair number. I did. I ended up having a "corrupt file" somewhere. I installed the disk that came with phone and backed up my info. Then we erased (wiped) the handheld. Card now loaded up fine and phone does not freeze! And I now know to back up my phone and get the updates!:biggrin2:

Sweeeeeeeet!! You so smart!!! BTW...... What is the Warranty Repair number???

huntin1

Glad you got it figured out. This is a little late, but may help someone else sometime.

This site: http://crackberry.com/

has all kinds of software and accessories for Blackberries. They also have a forum with lots of knowledge related to Blackberry issues.

JPD217