Berry College WMA

GABowhuntr

I was lucky enough to get a permit for the first gun hunt, Nov 3 - 6 and was wondering if anyone could share some info on where to start. I haven't hunted this area in 20+ years. I'll only be hunting the last 2 days, which are either sex and I'm mainly looking to put some meat in the freezer since we lost our lease earlier this year, this may be my only chance. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Minner

It's been a while since I've hunted Berry, and I've heard it's changed alot since I went there, but the Possum Trot area was good to us. We usually saw deer over there and have killed a few there. Also, some folks I know have had good luck at an area off Scenic Drive (not sure where, just that it's near 27). Also, if you wanted to get away from the crowds when we hunted there, the road that goes across Lavender Mtn. didn't seem to get nearly the pressure that the other areas got. My cousin-in-law killed his first buck up there and my family has taken a number of other deer from there as well.

Hope this helps and good luck!