wanna start bowfishing like everybody else..help me out

adamhall2942

i wanna try this bowfishing out and see what all the hype is about. could i use my hoyt cybertec or would it be too fast and just need to go get a crappy old bow from pawn shop? is it best to buy a kit or piece it together? if i buy each piece to what i want can someone give me the list of what each part i need so i can go to ebay :eek:) i have a boat and access to a few different lots on weiss. family has a houseboat on lanier...help a man out people i wanna get started...when is best time to fish and where to look?

Michael

Your hunting bow is probably too strong. I only shoot 30-35 lbs, so invest $20 and get an OLD round wheel compound from a pawn shop. Then invest $25 in a good reel set. Get a few arrows and some 200 lb braided bowfishing line. Some like retrievers, I like spinner - Muzzy make a better reel for about $40, but if money's tight you can get a Synergy for $20 or a Zebco 808 for $30.

As for when to go, weekends now tend to be a little crowded and the water will be stirred up. I like going on Thurs after we've had a dry spell and no wind. But in reality the best time to go is anytime you can.

Good luck!

Bradley_G

amazon.com has some ams kits that are cheaper than piecing together the componets (not including bow). its the cheapest way to get something new and easier than searching everywhere for parts used.