island camping ?s

hoochfisher

Banned
the wife and i are planing a trip around late aug/early sep. i was thinking about jekyll, st. simmons. i have never been to either place. can anyone tell me the cost, things to do, what to see, where to camp, etc.?

if you have any websites that would help us make a choice i would be ever so thankful.

KDarsey

Personally I love Jekyll. The crowds aren't bad there usually.If you like to ride bikes there is lots of bike trails (paved), go kayaking in the marsh,walk on the beach. I know a lot of people will tell you the beach is dirty and the water too. I don't go to play in the water that much(I agree the water is dirty most of the time).
The campground is pretty decent, not the best but not that bad. Just make sure you come prepared to fiend off the mosquitoes they do get bad in the c/g.
Can't tell you too much about St. Simons except it has the better eating if you are going out.
But back to Jekyll for food.....go to the little restaurant in the strip mall just as you get on the island. Far right side, I can never remember the name....... but they have good fresh seafood...try the fried scallops & oyster plate.........ummmmmmmmmmmm