Oconee Hybrid report 10/19

aaron batson

Went out yesterday with two cleints (one of them from England - maybe a record for longest travel to fish with us). We smoked'em real good. We caught probably 60-70 fish. All of them are quality fish. It was unreal. All of them are 3 to 8 pounds each. We caught them on live bait in the Lick creek arm of the lake. Most of them on downlines, with a few hitting free-lines also. Got another trip for Wednesday lined up. Also have next Wednesday available for hybrids or bass - your choice.

aaron batson

Had another guide trip yesterday. We fished for largemouths early and caught some good fish. Caught 27 keepers, best five would go 17-18 pounds with the best one just over 5 pounds. Then finished up the day with hybrids and caught 10-12 the last hour, just to get the guy some good sized fillets. The largemouths are keying on wood in 5-8 foot of water. Caught them on jigs mostly with a few on plastics. The hybrids came on live bait again from Lick creek. I still have next Wednesday open...

TurkeyCreek

aaron,

sounds like you have had some great trips here recently.

i had hoped to do a little fishing down there while i was at deer camp this week but i never around to it....i reckon chasing those whitetails made me forget about fishing.

Latest posts