SE Missouri Hunting?

tgw925

Anyone duck hunt in SE Missouri?
- Otter Slough
- Ten Mile Pond
- Duck Creek
I do most of my duck hunting in SE Missouri whether its private blinds or Conservation land...only because I have nowhere to really hunt around here. I don't ever have time to do a lot of scouting around the lakes and what not so duck season here flies right by. If anyone has room for an extra gun this year let me know. I would GLADY appreciate any offers. Here's a few pics from SEMO..
2znzr0o.jpg

24majrm.jpg

29eisuu.jpg

27xi3y9.jpg

23t4e1x.jpg

2q1e0c9.jpg

34qvhxc.jpg

29p6jgy.jpg

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've hunted in Steele for the last 3 years. Some great folks over there. I've never hunted any of their public areas but see a bunch of guides bringing clients from northern Ark.

rholton

Me and a buddy of mine from here in Jesup got a lease in New Madrid, MO last year and invited three other guys in it. We had hunted there for a few years with a guide service. Wouldn't you know it; it was one of the years in a while for that area. We tried to hunt otter slough with one of our guide buddies, but didn't get drawn. Going to North Dakota, Kansas and North Carolina coast this year and foregoing the lease. If we were going to get a lease again, it would be the same one we had last year though. Last year just turned out to be bad year...can happen anywhere.

tgw925

We did real good last year when it iced over and yea I have been to Otter Slough many times and not drawn out. When we go there we only hunt it if we draw a low pill and if not we just go to a private blind right outside of the slough.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Dont worry about Durells comments. Hes just trying to create sexual inuendo.

Yeah, I hunted every year since the late 1990's in or near Dexter Mo. Hunted the Slough a lot and a good friend of mine co-owns and operates Locked Wings and Labs or MoDucks as it is sometimes called. I love SE Mizz duck hunting. Will be going back opening weekend (Nov. 7) and Thanksgiving for sure. Usually make a Dec. trip also, as long as the ducks are still there. Check out www.pobiddykennel.com and you'll see some pictures from past hunts in Mo.

jdgator

You ever want another guy to chip in and split the cost of gas, let me know. I don't snore, smell, or get annoying on long car rides.

DuckGodLiaison

Ricky, You got family up that way? All our family lives right there in Dexter/Essex area. We hunt the slough and private land that literally butts up to it. I can't wait to get back there! I here about MoDucks alot, but never hunted with em......never really had a need to with the private land we hunt, you should see the set-up we got!

SEMizz Ducks

Naw,we ain't family, just real good friends w/ Hunter Johnson @ MoDucks. Is ya'lls private place around on the back side of Otter Slough? Their's some private land around back that always holds ducks.I'll be sending my cousin who's also my training partner out to be a guide for Hunter this season. I guess that'll give me a reason to go out a few more times this year. Maybe we'll see each other out there. Shouldn't be to hard to spot a GA plate.

DuckGodLiaison

Yeah, it's Steve Brown's land. He's a real good friend of ours. You can see his land on the map inside the shelter there at the slough where you draw. ......You should let me know what dates you're going and maybe we could meet up and share our daily kill counts!

November 7-8 and week of Thanksgiving. Have not set a date for December yet. Probably after Christmas.Yeah man, maybe we'll be out there the same time. We'll cook up a good meal and talk ducks.