Cruise / Flight departure question

Davans

We are looking at a crusie that returns to Ft Lauderdale
@ 7:00 AM Saturday in July

The return flight we are looking at leaves at 9:30AM

Is this enough time to get off the ship and to the airport in time to make this flight or should we look for a later booking?

Thanks

secondseason

Retired Administrator

Is this enough time to get off the ship and to the airport in time to make this flight or should we look for a later booking?

Thanks

They try to disembark very orderly....but they may not begin the disembarkment until later...I would try for a later booking just to make sure you don't have to experience any undue distress.

cobra97

What Secondseason said.

Wait for bags, customs, immigration, wait for transportation, drive to airport, arrive at least 1 hr. early, check in, go through security.

rjcruiser

That is cutting it a bit close. You'd probably be able to make it, but you're not leaving much time for error.

If you don't have any luggage to check, it will be easier.

Man I would think your cutting it close. It would probley be better safe than sorry and look at the next flight. Beside's that will give her alittle more time to spend money before going to the airport.

ryano

Banned

Thanks

I would definitely look at a later flight. That isnt enough time unless you are doing a self assist (carry your own luggage off) disembarking and thats still cutting it too close for my comfort.

Davans

Alrighty then............thanks for the info.

We'll look at a later departure

Doyle

I think you are making a smart move. The first cruise I took (Port Miami), the time it took to actually get off the ship was over 2 hours, then we had to clear customs.
The cruise lines need to take lessons in queueing management from Disney. They have lines down to a science.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
No that is way to early.......... Here it is straight from carnival's website...........

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Recommended times for outbound air flights.

Ft. Lauderdale - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Ft. Lauderdale; 1:00 PM for Miami International

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 1:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

No that is way to early.......... Here it is straight from carnival's website...........

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Recommended times for outbound air flights.

Ft. Lauderdale - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Ft. Lauderdale; 1:00 PM for Miami International

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 1:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Well there you have it...

jason99ws6

yeah...we are doing a cruise in july and we booked the return flight around 1pm. it sucks sitting in the terminal but it beats the alternative.