Dixon Lawnmower with Kohler

Rockett

I have a older Dixon that for some reason seems to be leaking all the gas into the oil.. When I changed the oil a couple days ago it was full of gas. Ran fine for a couple of days and then was full of gas again! Anyone got any suggestions on this issue. Thank u for any info!!

SGADawg

If you have a float (bowl) type carburetor, it could be (probably is) a stuck float. When the float sticks it allows gas to overflow into the carburetor, flow around the intake valve and around the rings into the oil reservoir.

dogboy

If you have a float (bowl) type carburetor, it could be (probably is) a stuck float. When the float sticks it allows gas to overflow into the carburetor, flow around the intake valve and around the rings into the oil reservoir.
I have a Snapper mower that does the same thing. Just put a valve in the fuel line and shut it off when you cut the engine off.

SGADawg

I have a Snapper mower that does the same thing. Just put a valve in the fuel line and shut it off when you cut the engine off.

Quicker, easier and cheaper fix. Remove the float bowl, clean the float, float valve and seat, reassemble.

dogboy

Quicker, easier and cheaper fix. Remove the float bowl, clean the float, float valve and seat, reassemble.
No, too much work. :bounce: I will get around to the bowl and seat later. I took the valve off several years ago (like a dummy). Put back last year after I drained 2-gals gas out of the crankcase.

Rockett

Thanks guys I will go out and see what I can do to fix this. Man you can get any info you need in this place. Appreciate the help!!! Rockett

Everyone is right-on. The immediate fix is to disassemble the bowl, clean everything and reassemble it, then drain the oil and put in fresh, but it may happen again. I like the idea about the in-line shut off valve between the gas tank and the carburetor. If the gas can't get to the carburetor, then it can't leak past it.