July 11th Shoot???

Michael

Is July the 11th a good night to hold another 5 for 5 in 5 shoot on Clarks Hill? The last date I picked conflicted with both AL and SC. While all 3 of us had good turn outs, can you imagine how many we'd have shooting if it's on an "open" night?

Augustabowhunter

Mike thats not going to be a good nite for a shoot. july 11 is lincolntons big july 4 fireworks show. There is a ton of boats on the water that nite.

Michael

Somebody else said Thunder over Thurmond was the 11th, but they said it was out of Soap Creek??? I first thought no one would be shooting fireworks the weekend AFTER the weekend of the 4th, then I figured even if they were, being that far away from Cherokee wouldn't have any effect on us. What do ya'll think?

Augustabowhunter

I think it is a bad nite. My lake house is at soap creek and every year on thunder over thurnmond the is lot of house boats jet ski and pontoon boat the drive to soap creek from marines all around. makes for very choppy water.

Michael

Soap Creek is a looong way up the Savannah River arm of Clarks Hill. I seriously doubt anyone will be putting in on the Little River arm to motor 20-30 minutes down and around Bussey point, then 30-40 minutes up to Soap Creek.

I definately don't want to hold a shoot the weekend of the 4th. SC's having a shoot on the 18th and the Savannah River Shootout is the 25th.

What do ya'll think?

thompsonsz71

i dont think that thunder over thurmond will be much of a problem.... no one went farther than bussey point the other night anyway did they? it definately cant be the weeknd of the shootout cause you know we will be there! michael who you shooting the river with? call me if you get a chance... 706 825 7546

Augustabowhunter

I want be able to shoot this weekend. there is going to boats all over the lake. Yall have fun. let me know of another date. There is still pleanty of good weather left.

Team Two Creek

I shot Soap Creek last night before the storm. The water was very calm but stained badly. Fish were few and far between although we did manage to kill a few. July 11 is not a good date for us with Thunder Over Thurmond. I believe water will have a lot of recreational activity on all parts of the lake with July 4 hitting on a Saturday. That usually means families will be on vacation the week of and the week after the 4th.

tournaments

At the beginning of the thread someone mentioned a tournament last saturday. Are you talking about the tournament at cherokee boat ramp? If so you probably saw the guys I usually shoot with. Greg Noggle and Greg Vickery. Can yall please give me some info on some upcoming tournaments in this area because we are interested in getting in some of these shoots. Thanks, Justin

Michael

Yes, Greg and Greg shot in my shoot at Cherokee boat ramp last weekend.

No, I do not believe the Little River arm of Clarks Hill will be affected by Thunder over Thurmond... BUT, since I know there are some GA shooters going to the BAA World Shoot in TX the 11th, I'll move this shoot to the 18th.

So, Let's close this thread and start a new one planning to shoot on July 18th out of Cherokee Boat ramp on Clarks Hill at 8:30.