2009/2010 Handgun Challenge!!

Might as well start this thing early...

I am in. In addition, I am going to donate something for the most Doe taken again, but will not know what till closer to season. Dues were 10 dollars last year and there was a few people who donated different things as well.

Hopefully Handgunner will take over this thing again, if not, i will or someone else will...in any case, it should be fun and i am looking forward to seeing some nice handgun kills on here.

Who else is going to get in??

Marlin_444

What about the Bear I plan to take - Will it qualify?

Ron

bluedvl11

How does it work? Everyone throws in 10 bucks and the biggest deer killed with a handgun takes the pot? Some rules would help if you want some of us newbies to join!

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
How does it work? Everyone throws in 10 bucks and the biggest deer killed with a handgun takes the pot? Some rules would help if you want some of us newbies to join!

Check out this thread: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=206619

The first post has the rules that we used last year. I am going to assume we will have the same rules this year.

I am definately in again this year and am good for $10 or $20 as the entry fee.

I would however like to make the suggestion that the prize this year be a Cabelas, Midway, Grafs, Midsouth or other gift card rather than Bass Pro. I understand that people might want Bass Pro because there are two stores in GA, but neither one is that close to me, so I would be doing the mail-order thing anyway.

Marlin, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing 10 points for other animals taken with a handgun during the 09-10 deer hunting season. Basically, it would make any other game animal similar to a doe. So, if someone was going out west to hunt, a pronghorn, elk or mulie would be counted as 10 points toward your team's total, regardless of the sex of the animal.

Just my input, yours may vary.

KLR650

I would like to get in but the rules hamstring those of us in the far north mountains. We only get three doe days and a couple special/quota hunts, where most of the rest of the state they are fair game start to finish. Most mountain bucks have to earn there keep and not corn/peanut/soybean fed and typicaly run smaller.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
I would like to get in but the rules hamstring those of us in the far north mountains. We only get three doe days and a couple special/quota hunts, where most of the rest of the state they are fair game start to finish. Most mountain bucks have to earn there keep and not corn/peanut/soybean fed and typicaly run smaller.

So, what would you propose to make it more suitable for the Northern guys?

typarker69

I want in this year. Did not have a pistol (for hunting) last year but got one now.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Hey Chad,

I PMed Handgunner and let him know that I would be willing to take on the "admin" duties of the Challenge this year.

KLR650

So, what would you propose to make it more suitable for the Northern guys?

Don't know if that is possable with the way the state has it set up. I try to bag my limit of does durring archery and BP and use my pistola where I can. I suppose I was just thinking out loud that it is just not a doable thing for some(me). If I bust someting good I will post pics but beyond that I predict a low point count.

ATLRoach

You know I'm in. Hopefully you will need more than 3 Team deer to win this year. I have a new 10mm load ready to drop some deer!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: