20 June ROTARY PARK CATFISH RESULTS/PICS

brother hilljack

Was a great tournament and everyone had a lot of fun. Fishing was HOT or cold for most competitors. We had 20 teams competing at this event, once again nearly doubling our field. I am very excited about where this is going and I encourage you to come and join the fun because we are having lots of it!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and I will get the full "official" results up as soon as possible!

Attachments

• 100_1421.jpg
    100_1421.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 437
  • fat cat 2ndBF.jpg
    fat cat 2ndBF.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 301
  • catfish1083.jpg
    catfish1083.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 278
  • reel fishing 3rd.jpg
    reel fishing 3rd.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 336

brother hilljack

20 JUNE ROTARY PARK CATFISH TOURNAMENT RESULTS

It was great night for the Chattahoochee HillJack catfishing tournament series. We had 20 teams compete in our first day/night event; once again nearly doubling the turnout of our last event! I believe that the events will only continue to grow as word gets out and people see how much fun we are having. With 20 teams competing we were able to pay out 5 places and Big Fish.

Conditions were tough. Water temp was around82-84 degrees and the outside temps were close to 105 (heat index)! It is safe to say that everyone was happy to see the sun set behind the trees. We were blessed with current from the generators for the first hour of the event, but then the current died and the water would drop about one foot. The river itself was very clear with little trash or debris to mess up your lines.

I would like to thank BullDog Bait and Tackle for sponsoring the Big Fish Bonus and the Magic Bait Company for continuing to sponsor all the HIllJack events. We were able to hand out some magic bait to all teams that weighed in fish.

Team Weld Built (Robert/Adam/Briston Tierl) would take 1st place in the tournament with 58.65 pounds of flathead catfish! This father/sons combo provided us with the largest weigh in for a HillJack event so far. Congratulations on a great night of fishing! 1st place would pay $252.

Team Fat Cat (Dwayne McIntyre/Roger ) would take 2nd place with 28.75 pounds of fish! They would also lock down the Big Fish with a 20.05 pound Blue Catfish! This blue cat is the largest fish to be weighed in at a Hilljack tournament! 2nd place would pay $157 with an additional $140 for the Big Fish award and the Big Fish Bonus!

Team Reel Fish (Ronnie Goucher/David Turnbull) would take3rd place with 20.3 pounds of catfish. 3rd place would pay $96.

Team SwampStomper (Travis Hutchinson) would take 4th place with 17.20 pounds of catfish. 4th place paid $60.

Team Bait Fish (Dustin/Kenneht Blalock) would take 5th place with 14.75 pounds of fish. This is the 2nd consecutive event that Team Bait Fish has finished in the money.

brother hilljack

I really like the cookout idea prior to the event! The tournament will keep me busy however so I will need someone to head that part up. If you want to do it that would be great otherwise the job is open to volunteers.

I agree...................it was HOT!