How far up the Hooch do Stripers go?

Has anybody seen stripers at/above the 75 bridge? I was fishing under there today and could have sworn i saw a couple sets of 3-4 fish swimming upstream, all in the 3-5 pound range, slender and light colored, but the water was too warm for trout. I also saw a brownish fish that had to have been at least 5-10 pounds, shaped and colored like a red drum or something and it was making steady progress upstream too.. I guess it could have been a slender shoalie/smallmouth, but it seemed wayy too big for that. Any body have any insight as to what it might have been?

And a quick report, I fished just above the 75 bridge this morning and caught a ton of redbreasts, a couple small largemouth, and 5-6 shoalies ranging from about 3 inches to a pound, all on a black BH wooly bugger. I'd love to meet somebody who's more familiar wading this section to show me the ropes a bit, I'm not used to warm water river fishing.

speechless33759

Those brown ones are prolly suckers or carp. More likely to be suckers cause they aren't too scared of people. Best bet is to use some of those redbreasts as bait and chuck them into deep holes and hang on!

Jcon87

I go to powers ferry a few nights out of the week and slay em with zara spooks in evening. My buddy caught a 35lb striper last week there takin over.

fishndoc

Actually, I've been up at Unicoi Outfitters in Helen when they were catching stripers that were eating their big trout!

So, I guess the farthest up the Hooch they go is the base of the dam at Nora Mill.

Mr7mag

Hooch Stripers

I have watched a small school of them smashing anything and everything behind Nora Mill in Helen. Right where people feed the trout. Nothing huge, appeared to be in the 5 to 7 pound range.

Killdee

They stop at Morgan falls, those that are from west point, but from Lanier north????Unless someone has been slipping some in below Buford Dam I havent heard of any between Morgan and Buford Dams.

Jcon87

Heres a big one my buddy caught at powers ferry bad pic was taken with my cell phone
connellj23

Ha yeah I think we need to keep those alligator stories circulating...keeps people of the river! Does anybody who fishes for them at/below Morgan Falls mind if I tag along and see how it's done some time? I've tried around the 285 bridge a few times and never had any luck..Spooks, flukes, spinners....nothing. Caught a few shoalies on small spinners, but thats it, and I really want to try catching a few stripers

shakey gizzard

Ha yeah I think we need to keep those alligator stories circulating...keeps people of the river! Does anybody who fishes for them at/below Morgan Falls mind if I tag along and see how it's done some time? I've tried around the 285 bridge a few times and never had any luck..Spooks, flukes, spinners....nothing. Caught a few shoalies on small spinners, but thats it, and I really want to try catching a few stripers

Would you like a 4hour trip or the 8hr trip?:fine:

SnapperSlapper

Stripers

There are no striped bass in the Hootch below Morgan Falls Dam. Do not waste your time.