Duck Hunters 09 season plans

r_hammett86

Figured i'd ask everyone what they had planned for the 2009 waterfowl season opener. :pop:

Whos going outa town (outa state):huh:

Whos just ganna try it here at home:huh:

Whos ganna beat you to that hole everyone knows about:huh:

post it. let the thread began:stir:

GSURugger

Ill be in GA or wherever i hopefully have a job...and i promise im going to beat EVERYONE to whichever hole i pick...being young and spry i dont need to sleep::ke:

r_hammett86

Ill be in GA or wherever i hopefully have a job...and i promise im going to beat EVERYONE to whichever hole i pick...being young and spry i dont need to sleep::ke:

i'll be right behind you, hopefully in front of ya. haa haa::gone:

No lie, we have left at midnight to drive a hour to the wma to set up some decoys on a pond, and then eat breakfast holding our spot on the bank. best morning on a wma we ever had. other than the fact some folks we're:mad:

:rofl:

GSURugger

i'll be right behind you, hopefully in front of ya. haa haa::gone:

No lie, we have left at midnight to drive a hour to the wma to set up some decoys on a pond, and then eat breakfast holding our spot on the bank. best morning on a wma we ever had. other than the fact some folks we're:mad:

:rofl:

i hear ya man, if we aren't set up and cookin bacon and eggs by 330 something is wrong!:rofl: Mountain dew and black coffee do wonders as eyeball straightener. :shoot:

Boudreaux

Will plan to be in GA for the opener.

Have plans to hunt the MS river in IL in October, NELA in November, and the LA gulf marshes in early January.

Still have some room in Dec to make a long weekend somewhere.......hint, hint, anyone.

Robk

got plenty of water here local for the early season. last year I had hunters in my store the night before the opener picking up some last minute stuff before a long night on the cold levees.

Going to try and make one trip to MS this winter as well.

91xjgawes

Def in Ga for the opener... Probably somewhere around the hill. with the water up over 11ft from last 2 years, its gonna be a change.

throwdown

I'm pretty sure that I'll be in MS again this year for the opener. Might not be to bad of a year here with all of the water.

r_hammett86

i def can tell the economy has a crunh on not just my wallet. alot of folks plan on hunting at home this year pending funds for a outa town trip. i can also tell opening weekend is ganna be like WWIII with all these 3 1/2 mags goin on everywhere there is water.

NGaHunter

I plan to spend opening week at my Arkansas lease...then 2 weeks around Christmas....then a week mid January. All other weekends might be here or a quick trip back out to Ar.:clap:

PaulD

Banned
In state, like usual, for me this year due to low funds and a baby on the way in October. I'll be somewhere on the SE side of the state though, unless I get an invite else where......trolling......trolling......trolling......::ke:

Mark K

Banned
NGaHunter, where's your Arkansas lease? We have the same plans except the Christmas part. Got to be home then.

The Crowe

taking my two boys on youth day to get on some geese and hopfully get a couple of wood ducks and i have a new pup that will taging along as well with his daddy wish me luck this will be our only second season waterfolwing

The Crowe

taking my two boys on youth day to get on some geese and hopfully get a couple of wood ducks and i have a new pup that will taging along as well with his daddy wish me luck this will be our only second season waterfolwing

any body interested in calling and going with us let me know it stinks not to be able to shoot but it s fun watching the kids blast them :bounce:

r_hammett86

any body interested in calling and going with us let me know it stinks not to be able to shoot but it s fun watching the kids blast them :bounce:

i always welcome the oppertunity to pratice calling. when and where?:fine:

and your right it is fun. i took my nephew a few times, he's 14 goin on 15. he knocked a woody down on a heck of a long shot. the dog was gone for 15 min looking for that bird.