What would you tie if this is all you had

Outdooralm

Until I buy some more stuff this is all I have:(
So what would you tie if you had-Black Marabou, Olive Marabou, Rooster neck hackle, Hen back, supreme hair olive hackle? Saddle hackle, Red dubbing & white dubbing, rabbit, Mallard flank feather,
chenille-Fine red,Fine black,Medium olive, Medium black.
Round rubber X-small in white and black.
Number 8, 10 and 12 hooks.

Well this is what I have if you could include the Recipe for the fly that you recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

allenww

That will tie nearly every type of Southern wet fly I can think of, and at least a dozen dries. You really need to ask your question the other way 'round.

Tell us what you want to catch.

wa

Outdooralm

That will tie nearly every type of Southern wet fly I can think of, and at least a dozen dries. You really need to ask your question the other way 'round.

Tell us what you want to catch.

wa
Sorry I am going for trout. Going to Unicio in July.

allenww

Tie up some woolies and let Unicoi Outfitters tell you what to use on their home water. Those folks know their business.

Buy one extra of those they recommend to use as a "type" fly for when you get home. Remember the name and look it up on FAOL
(Fly Anglers Online) for the recipes.

After you get back, give GON a yell and let us know what worked!

wa

Outdooralm

Tie up some woolies and let Unicoi Outfitters tell you what to use on their home water. Those folks know their business.

Buy one extra of those they recommend to use as a "type" fly for when you get home. Remember the name and look it up on FAOL
(Fly Anglers Online) for the recipes.

After you get back, give GON a yell and let us know what worked!

wa
Ok I will do that. Thanks

Does anybody have a recipe for an Adams? ::;
PM it to me if you don't want the whole Internet world to know.

allenww

There are mighty few secrets. The one I use - everybody develops their own variation - is at Fly Anglers OnLine (FAOL) - go to the menu - -item 18.

I looked back at your list and you have everything to do it. If you are short on thread, maybe your Lady has some the right color. Don't be too concerned about hackle colors. Traditional is bronze (brown, furnace) and grizzly, but use what you have.

When you get a dozen done (the first five will be ugly - save them for summertime sunfish) take us a picture and post it up.

wa