flybum84

Ok, this is a swap where the members will tie any dry fly that imitates any adult of an aquatic insect. The sign up period will run from now until 8/03/09. Then all flies will be due by 8/31/09. You can tie any sized adult aquatic insect from the biggest Salmon fly to the smallest Trico. You decide and please announce here what you will tie and I will edit this first post with a list of members as they join and will edit it as well when you decide what to tie. I will also edit this first post with received as I get your flies in.
Rules:
I will send a PM to each member with my mailing address once the sign up period has expired.
Flies must be mailed to me by the due date.
Flies should be mailed in a container that will protect them in shippment,Altoid Tins are a good container for this purpose.
Your package MUST contain a self addressed, stamped return mailer. I should not have to pay for your postage to mail flies back to you. I use 6"x8" or larger padded mailers for both shipping and for return shippment.Simply fold your self address return mailer and place it with the container of flies inside the shipping mailer.
Please toe-tag each fly with your board name and the name of your fly. A toe-tag is a small slip of paper that you stick the hook point thru to ID that fly as your contribution.
I will post a picture of each fly as I get them in this thread.
Once I receive all the flies,I will sort and return as soon as possible. If I get all of them early,I will ship back early. If you would like to send an extra or two I'll send them out to Flyfishing for Vets a non-profit organization helping wounded soldiers get into the sport. If you know any flyfishing clinics for kids or any other organinzation that helps promote flyfishing let us know. I liked that the last swap sent extra flies to newbies and thought we could keep this going. I'll pay to send out the extra flies on this one just let me know what you think abotu this.

Please ask questions if you are new and don't understand. You may send a PM if you wish to ask that way.

Paymaster-I hope you don't mind I just cut and pasted this one. I kept referring back to yours and realized I couldn't do it better. I mean if it ain't broke don't fix it. Thank you :cheers:

Flybum84- Blue Wing Olive #20-Recieved:banana::cool:
Paymaster- Willow Fly #12-Recieved:banana::cool:
Outdooralm- Griffiths gnat #14-Recieved:banana::cool:
Tightliner- Blue Wing Olive # 26-Recieved:banana::cool:
frequent flyer- Rio Grade Trude-Recieved:banana::cool:
Zekekb-Turkey biot Blue Wing Olive Spinner #18-Recieved:banana::cool:
MyGrassIsBlu- Para sulpher #14:stir:
TopWater94-Turk's Turantula # 10-Recieved:banana::cool:

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Paymaster-I hope you don't mind I just cut and pasted this one. I kept referring back to yours and realized I couldn't do it better. I mean if it ain't broke don't fix it. Thank you :cheers:

Well thanks for the comp,and it is just fine to use it.:cool:

I am in.I will let ya know when I decide the pattern. I am leaning toward the big ole Mayfly we call Willow Fly here. The massive hatch of this fly will soon happen down here on West Point Lake I believe.

Toxic

I will give it a shot, I was thinking of doing a mosquito if it qualifies. I will make up some other flies for donation.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
How does tying a Griffiths gnat on a #14 hook sound to you guys?

Probably be fine.

I am gonna go ahead with the Willow Fly size 12. Them midge sizes will be my extras.:biggrin3:

Tightliner

I'm in with a #26 BWO.

Later...............................................

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm in with a #26 BWO.

Later...............................................

I would need a better magnifier and some 14/0 thread to tie those.:p

flybum84

hey everyone, Outdooralm and toxic both of those flies sound good to me. Paymaster and Tightliner yours sounds great as well. I'll get this updated and everyone put on here.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
hey everyone, Outdooralm and toxic both of those flies sound good to me. Paymaster and Tightliner yours sounds great as well. I'll get this updated and everyone put on here.

Y'all be sure to adhere to the rules. He should not have to pay for your postage.

WinMag.300

does size matter?

not in the perverted sense lol...but for the flies?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
not in the perverted sense lol...but for the flies?

from the rules:
You can tie any sized adult aquatic insect from the biggest Salmon fly to the smallest Trico.

flybum84

Alright frequent flyer welcome to the swap. I'll get you down for a Rio grande trude. WinMag.300 like Paymaster said any sized adult aquatic insect. Paymasters tying up the biggest so far size 12 and tightliner's got the smallest right now with size 26.

flybum84

Ok Zekekb I've got you for a Turkey biot Blue Wing Olive Spinner #18. I'm pretty excited to see all your flies. I've been practicing taking photos of flies so I can get good ones when they all come in but I still need some work. I just can't seem to get it to focus well enough. hopefully I can work the kinks out before all your flies come in so I can post on here how great I know they all will look.

Latest posts