Gobbling

GA DAWG

I heard one gobbling this morning! :crazy: Heard a crow then heard him sound off.Made wish I was turkey hunting instead of sitting in a deer stand.Especially with the way the weather was this morning.Atleast I'll have a good place to start scouting come spring.

bull0ne

Banned
I have been expecting someone to hear a gobbling bird........nearly ever year during a warm spell some birds will get confused & start sounding off in the AM.

lmbhanger

Banned
I have never figured out why they gobble in the fall. I guess cause they can! Anyway like you I like to hear it makes me sad it is not Turkey season.

Arrow3

Don't be teasing me like that.....:D

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They`re just aggravatin` us since they know we can`t do anything about it till March. :hammers:

it happens every year, been hearin 'em gobble the first week or so of Nov. for at least 15 years.......cold or warm....coldest was 13* on 11-14-91......personally I think it might have sumthin to do with the amount of daylight....dunno just a guess......but it is always a nice sound to hear...any time of the year

Glenn

I also had one gobbling Sunday morning. He gobble a half a dozen times at crows or what ever.

Sure did make me want to go after him :D

fulldraw74

I see i wasn't the only one to hear gobbling this weekend. I heard one early Sat. morning and one Sat. afternoon.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had an almost perfect morning in the stand last week when I heard a gobbler sound off twice right after flydown and then had bucks chasing does by me a couple of hours later!:fine:

finless brown

I heard one during the last week of bow season- he went off twice, for no apparent reason. I didn't see any deer that morning thus it was the highlite of my hunt...