Brooks/Cook/Colquitt County Processor

Gone Fishin

L.e.'s Deer Processing - I found them on the states web site. Has anyone had any experience with them?

We (my dad and I) hunt in the corner of Cook, Colquitt, & Brooks. Does anyone use a processor in that area that they can recommend. The processor above is on our way to I-75, but I would rather use one that someone has had some experience with rather that just pick a guy because his is convenient.

Jim McRae

Try Dean's deer processing. He outside of Pavo, GA, that's Brooks Co, but close to Colquitt. Don't know exact directions or phone number (call informantion) but I do know the family and they will do you right. Ask for Rickey Dean or Wayne Dean.

Jim M.

Shaun

I've used LE processing several times. He has always done a real good job. Makes good sasuage and cube steak. He usually gets it done fairly quick as well. Hope this helps.

Hawire

I use Williams meat store for my deer.He's in Sparks,just off of I 75. He makes some killer cubed steak. He's done my deer for the past 8 years.He's also reasonable on his prices.

Gone Fishin

Thanks to all for the help.

John

M & P Processing.

I use M & P over in North Lowndes County. Have never been dissatisfied w/ their work.

Gone Fishin

Well I did it and needed a processor.

I used L.E. in Morvin. Can't complain one bit.
$25 to skin, gut, quarter it up, and put it on ice.
$1/lb to handle the meat further (cube it, grind it, etc) (sausage additions are extra.)

Anyway, I have always done my own so I don't have much processor experience, but I think anyone would be pleased with L.E. from what I have seen. I took to him at ~9am, we dropped a buck off at ~6pm went to the motel, showered, checked out, and he had everything ready when we got back. Can't beat that. Nice guy.

Best thing is I don't have a gut pile on my land.

Guess which one is bigger.

deerdoetruck.jpg

deerbucktruckside.jpg