Important...please read

firefighterfree

Hey I read that link there is a WHOLE LOT OF POLITICS involved in that problem. Who is to say that there is not some type of chemical added to water by boat, land, or air. If tournament fishing was a problem of this caliber going on it would have been brought to light a long time ago_Once this issue is investigated I would willing to say that this is not a tournament issue. I would say it is either a disease or chemical issue. In my honest opinion PETA AND TREE HUGGERS need to go and sit down some where they care more animals than a human being.

Sorry about the rant

Goose 15

Dead Bass in a 6 mile stretch of water? Sounds like someone is dumping waste or wash water in that area.Besides,see all the weeds in the area of the pictures of the 2 dead Bass? we all know what that does to the oxygen levels.Did anyone mention any signs of these fish being caught,such as "hook holes" in the mouth area? Sounds like another attempt to ban tournament fishing by the anti's

Eugene Stinson

sasquatch hunter I see you posted a comment to the article. I did also. it reads

Since tournament anglers only keep the legal limit or under per day. I think they should keep all the bass and not let any go back after a tournament. They only keep the daily limit per day in any of the tournaments local or professional. Then bass could be cooked and given to the homeless or donated to the local shelters. This way everybody wins, and the lake stays clean.

Let the antis chew on that.

sasquatch hunter

comment

that wasn't my comment, someone else posted that one.

Whether you agree or not...you see who the author and guide are trying to place the blame on....US.

I'm just saying that we need to do everything we can to keep the heat off of us.

bigbass07

Banned
kinda up in the air bout that post. i agree there is a bunch of politics in that it sounds like. flw usually don't release them in a long strecth. for example when i fished the stren at santee this year, we went to weigh in (trialered the last day to wallyworld) . on the way back we come down a back road about 5 miles from the lauch site and on the side of the road that was in the back of a pocket the FLW release boat was there pulled over dumping fish from the boat.

at this spot it was a popular place for bank fishermen and very skinny water . i was confused/mad/and should have stop ask question as to why they chose that spot . i always thought they took the fish back out into the middle of the lake to release them.

see when we(final 10 boats) went to wallyworld 20miles away to weigh in, the release boat was there and as we weighed they put the fish in the boat, the release boat left as we got our checks . i don't know if they thought no one would see them or what. it was only around 75 bass not 600 but it still is in my mind today.

diamondback

Fish really are mis handle by alot of pros.I think they should be fined or have points deducted everytime they swing a bass in and slam it in the floor of the boat.I know alot of people do it but the pros on tv should be setting an example .Every time I have ever fished a lake after a pro tourney I catch fish with alot of sores all over them that are caused but knocking the slime off the fish when they are banged on the carpet.I also think summer tourney s should be shorted in time to reduce the mortality rates or even have a couple weighins though out the day.this would probably draw in bigger crowds during the day when normally nothing is goin on.