What are they bitting on??

mossyoakhh

I was wondering what fly ya'll are having the best luck on for trout?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have not been in a while but usually you can depend on hares ears and pheasant tails; Olive or Black Wooly Buggers as well.As for drys,match the hatch is about all I can tell ya.

Tightliner

All depends on where your fishing. S. Houlston, Clinch & Taccoa, this time of year sulphers are strong. Hiwassee in Tenn. my last trip I slayed them, but all they were taking were baetis emergers only. Used various dry patterns as an indicator, but every fish came off of the emerger!Chattahoochee tends to produce good caddis activity this time of the year.

Just go prepaired! Dries: BWO's, sulphers, caddis and adams will round out ur box nicely (throw in a cranefly too! a #10 isonychia can be killer under the right condition as well!). Nymph: pheasant tail, prince, zebra, butcher (MOF) & hairs ear. Streamer: Bugger in black, olive, tan & white. Emergers have ben very good for selective fish. Dark olive sparkle is always productive dropped bout a foot under your indicator fly. For heavy stocked streams:Y2k (all of you purest, please forgive this abomination!;))

Get on the water and observe, observe & observe!

Later..................................................

mossyoakhh

All depends on where your fishing. S. Houlston, Clinch & Taccoa, this time of year sulphers are strong. Hiwassee in Tenn. my last trip I slayed them, but all they were taking were baetis emergers only. Used various dry patterns as an indicator, but every fish came off of the emerger!Chattahoochee tends to produce good caddis activity this time of the year.

Just go prepaired! Dries: BWO's, sulphers, caddis and adams will round out ur box nicely (throw in a cranefly too! a #10 isonychia can be killer under the right condition as well!). Nymph: pheasant tail, prince, zebra, butcher (MOF) & hairs ear. Streamer: Bugger in black, olive, tan & white. Emergers have ben very good for selective fish. Dark olive sparkle is always productive dropped bout a foot under your indicator fly. For heavy stocked streams:Y2k (all of you purest, please forgive this abomination!;))

Get on the water and observe, observe & observe!

Later..................................................

I fish Dicks creek in lumpkin county on private land. There are alot of natives,but there are a few stock trout that has washed down to our land.I havent had any luck on topwater(dryflies) and thats what I like to fish the most,but I have caught some nice ones on some nymphs,but I'm trying to figure out what might make them rise.

allenww

Bugs. Bugs make them rise.

Seriously, if there are bugs floating, molting, hatching, taking wing, feeding or just resting on the water, trout are interested.

Many creeks, and many areas on most any run of water, have no rises simply because there aren't any bugs up top, so the trout are looking around below (nymphs, woolies, etc.) for dinner.

wa