Good deer hunting trip?????

klow53

I will post this in here too as like I said we would both prefer to go to a bow only time/zone.
Hi all Was wondering if any one had any suggestions for a Good yet Economical ideas for a deer hunt trip in late December or early January. I would like to go to North GA or maybe Alabama for about 5 days. My son is mainly interested in bow hunting so Bow or gun season would be fine. We will miss a good portion of the rut season here in south GA so any help with a good opportunity for him to get his first deer would be appreciated

Ramey Jackson

With those dates given, I'd try to find someting in the blackbelt of Alabama. That is right in line with their rut...and great bucks down there!

klow53

ok That sounds like an idea is anyone familiar with public lands in Alabama, is there any good camping/hunting areas around there. Thanks for the tip Ramey!!

Jeff Phillips

There is a big section of the Talladega Nat'l Forest between Tuscaloosa and Selma that should be real good. Check their regs for hunt dates.

There used to be some International Paper land that was open to hunting with a $50 permit just North of Monroeville. I think it was about 30,000 acres. You could check with IP to see if they still do that. That area is real good for size and numbers of deer.