Rabbit/Squirrel GA/AL

Murphy

Why is it? Or why does it seem that Squirrel hunting with dogs is so much more popular in Alabama than Ga?
As well Rabbit hunting with dogs seems more prevalent in North GA (or Ga period) than AL or FL?

A side question where are the Basset and Dachshund hunters? They are the only legal hounds (and the beagle) for WMAs in Ga? I just assumed they would have some support in the rabbit hunting world

Murphy

Hmm thought this might be a better debate::ke: It just seems to me that a AL state champion Squirrel dog is king of the hill Ive never heard a breeder or owner say I got a GA champion I know we have the squirrels to hunt :huh:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Try searching for hunting Basset or Dachshund. There are only a few kennels offering hunting stock.

Beagles have sites like Top 100 Hunting Beagle sites. It shows the popularity and support for the breed.

When was the last time you saw pics of a standard poodle retreiving ducks, what it was bred for. I find it sad to see breeds bred to hunt fade away to pet status.

GA DAWG

Maybe its cause GA just dont have alot of compitition squirrel hunts yet..Heck about everybody I know has a squirrel dog of some kind:biggrin2: