Coyote decoy question

backwoodsjoe

1) If you had a choice of one and only one decoy to use while yote hunting with an e-caller and could never change, what would it be ???

2) What time do you prefer to hunt. Morning, afternoon, night or sometime in between ???

GAJoe

The Foxpro "Jack in the Box". The reasons are :
1)It can be controlled remotely with my Foxpro caller.
2)It has a built in coaxer chirp.
3)It can be used "stand alone" or in conjunction with hand caller if something happens to my caller.
"Arkyyoter" as he is known on several forums did this for years with his hand calls before getting a Foxpro. That "chirp" is key for this tactic.
4) You can use different toppers with it; I have the original "Davey", a small rabbit, a chicken, and a crow with wings spread.

Hunt times: first light and last light.

We need to try again to get together when the weather cools a bit.
GAJoe

ITRAPGAK9

Banned
mojo decoy
night with night vision scope

molly

Decoy

As GaJoe...mention the Jack in the Box is very good and I use it alot but its kinda big to haul around. I also have used the decoy Heart but for some reason the motor falls apart...just plain tare up too much....a guy I took coyote hunting last year had a wacky tail (cat toy)and ask me fix it for him to use as decoy...well I did and he gave me one for of those wacky tails....and I want to tell it has a good motor and runs for ever. I took the top off and drilled holes so I could run a loop out the top to hang it....I have just me two more to have as backs.....you can hang em on fence, bush or just about anything.....the fur ball that you see is one from a decoy heart. They are cheap. I try to share things that work for me hoping they will work for others.....Joe....I wished I could wire up the wacky tail with a stwich so I would have to take it apart to turn it on. A AA battery last at least 3 hours....but it runs so good I guess its worth the effort. I just stuff in my pocket and go.

Attachments

• Picture 610.jpg
    Picture 610.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Picture 611.jpg
    Picture 611.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 278