Heard County 10-21 thru 10-24

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Deer still aren't laying down much sign in N.W. Heard County and movement is slow. I could have taken a nice doe Saturday morning and let her walk instead, hoping that the big daddy might not be to far behind her. I was located in a hardwood draw that I'd only hunted once this year and it was the evening before. She appeared to have come in to the Lil' Can call, though I can't be certain.

A few other deer were spotted by other members, though none taken.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Three of us hunted Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. We saw no deer. I was hunting a thick area leading to a food plot with a good many acorns also. Sign is there and deer were last weekend but not this one. Other two hunters were hunting oaks. Didn't hear many shots either time out.

Minner

I had to work all weekend so I didn't get to go to our club in Heard county :( , but Dad got to spend several days down there. He saw only saw three does the whole time he was there. Bright side is, he killed two of them.

Glenn Ryan

Heard Co.

My members reported a few deer sightings. We have a severe problem with dogs running deer on our lease(Between Salem and Frolona Rd.) Its got the deer moving mainly at night. We have taken a few does so far, but the hunting has been slow.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hunting has been very slow for us as well. We hunted all weekend. I saw one "deer" on Saturday eve. 3 members did not see a deer. Andy took a doe and had a load of deer on him Saturday eve, but for the most part it has been real real slow.

The dogs that are running the deer may be my land's owners dogs. He owns 6 I think. Good thing is they usually only run when he is out with them and I have never seen them actually harass a deer, just keep it moving.

Jim

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
JT....Ya'll see anything sun PM ???

I pulled in my drive way at 2pm and there stood a fat nanny in my plot looking at me.....every time I looked out the window there were deer in there till dark !!!

I drive 85 miles to see 0000000000000000000000000000000000 !!!! ::huh: :banginghe :banginghe

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I was Shut out, Mark skipped work and was shut out. Although Andy said he saw a couple more bucks in the cut.

Jim

Condor

M & M Trophy Club

Same story with us, 4 or 5 guys hunted this weekend, one or 2 deer seen, starting to see some scrapes. No deer killed this weekend.

I hunted one lease around West Point WMA Friday Morning 7-12:00 Saw nothing. Hunted another property Friday Evening 2-Dark and Saturday Morning 7-12:30 Nothing. Deer just not moving much! We need a cool spell. Seeing few rubs and scrapes not much.

Perry Hayes

M&M Hunting Club

Yeah not much at M&M this weekend they just were not moving for us.
Opening weekend was much better for deer sightings.Nothing good yet as far as I know. It will get better soon.

FMC

Hunted in Heard opening day and saw zero deer. However, saw around 10 scrapes and various rubs throughout the property which I thought was unusual since our rut activity typically occurs around thanksgiving.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
FMC, same here we have found numerous rubs and scrapes and our rut is not until Thanksgiving or later as well.

Maybe they are just getting started a bit early:)

Jim

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The last time they started making them early on our land in Heard was 3 years ago. We had a deer start making them during bow season. This deer had an area about the size of a football field tore up. Me and my dad took turns hunting this area and the weekend before Thanksgiving my dad got him. We are seeing a few good rubs and scrapes already this year. Here is a pic of the buck my dad got.

217551.bmp

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Heres a 10 day forcast for Franklin. It appears to start cooling off by next weekend, though rain is in the forcast. I'm gald I have a couple of rainy day stands set up...LOL

Tonight
Oct 29 Isolated T-Storms 61° 30 %
Sat
Oct 30 Mostly Sunny 82°/62° 0 %
Sun
Oct 31 Partly Cloudy 82°/59° 20 %
Mon
Nov 01 Partly Cloudy 80°/60° 20 %
Tue
Nov 02 Scattered T-Storms 75°/51° 40 %
Wed
Nov 03 Partly Cloudy 66°/47° 20 %
Thu
Nov 04 Partly Cloudy 70°/47° 20 %
Fri
Nov 05 Partly Cloudy 70°/42° 0 %
Sat
Nov 06 Rain 62°/40° 60 %
Sun
Nov 07 Rain 66°/44° 60 %

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am on my way down now...sure would be nice if it would jjust have a freak cold snap! I will be there no matter what.

Jim