Pine Log WMA Squirrels

dadsbuckshot

Hunted Pine Log all day Saturday off Stamp Creek. Walked the entire creek bottoms and quary - NOTHING...

Whats the deal? I have never hunted this WMA before, but I didn't even see a nest.

Where are the rats hiding on this WMA?

:yawn:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
FUNNY!! At least you had a BEAUTIFUL WALK!:cool:

They are NOT on Stamp Creek, it is probably the MOST HUNTED area there........heck, there aren't even many birds around the creek. Gates closed, so I understand the creek is nicer than the road, but I would go to the North end and .........I'll send you a PM:cool:

243Savage

The last time I was there 2 years ago, they were all over me and the boy and we limited out in about an hour. There were moments when we had 3 or 4 scurrying among the tree tops at once and it made for fast shooting. Go in the gate by the church and walk down until the road starts back uphill. I recall a small creek trickling through there and there will be a thick stand of young pines on your right. Right at the edge of the pines where they start to blend with hardwoods and it kind of opens up a little right there at the roads edge. You should see the creek a little more defined into the woods (toward the right-of-way). Follow the creek down about 100 yards and sit.

Swampy

Pine Log

I went out to Pine Log also, more scouting than seriously hunting. Saw a few out of range. More folks out than I expected, too.

FVR

Today was the day. I took a quiet walk and found myself under a mess of them. Had about 8 or 9 shots..........but did not shoot. Just don't like eating tree rats.

Was more interested in hogs.

Hardwood

We rode horses for about 5 hours friday from the White side of Pine Log and there were squirrels runnin everywhere in front of us. Wish I'd a had my 22. Yall might try that area.