It Had to Happen

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Florida community of East Lake is up in arms upon learning that a twice widowed, 82 year old Lady who lives alone, eases daily out into her back yard and offers peanuts and bread crumbs to the squirrels and birds who have become accustomed to her 12 year routine.

She loves animals, but no longer keeps a dog since it has become so difficult to inevitably part with them. Her lone outlet for this love of animals is to feed the birds and squirrells.

This simple expression of her love for animals and nature has landed her in the dog house with the neighborhood association. She has committed the unpardonable. For this grevious act, Mrs. Mirowski received a letter from the management group ordering her to cease and desist from her practice.

Despite the letter, Mirowski doesn't appear to be violating anything. There is no state law or county ordinance against feeding birds or squirrels. According to state law, Mirowski would only be in violation if she were feeding alligators, foxes, raccoons, sandhill cranes or bears.

It should be pointed out that this subdivision is located adjacent to the Brooker Creek Wildlife Preserve. Even though these people have located themselves near wildlife, they prefer not to have it around their property.

It is assumed that this dear lady will continue to commune with her friends even though the neighbors will despise her for it. It is no wonder that North Georgia Counties are filling up with Florida people who seek to separate themselves from this madness.

This info was taken from the Gainesville Sun (FL)

Vernon

Nugefan

Mr. Vernon I guess it's like around Gwinnett , folks minding other folks business ....

Hope she continues to feed the critters as long as she lives ...

shaggybill

What a sad, sad state. I dont mean Florida either.

Some people...

southernclay

I guess it's still in our blood from Europe. People love to govern and tell people what to do. Makes me sick.

CAL

Mr.Vernon,
Sounds like the elderly lady has a good life and the rest of the neighborhood need to get one!!

Dawg In the Swamp

I think I would leave ole squirrel lady alone. Next thing you know she might be sicking her beloved animals on her nosey neighbors!!

Seriously god bless that woman and I hope she never stops feeding the wildlife.

labman

Banned
I'm tellin yall them yankees are takin over down here. :) That is sad what a bunch of grouchy old farts.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Just another good reason why

It should be pointed out that this subdivision

I choose to "not" live in subdivisions :cheers:

Robk

Where my family and I lived in florida was termed a deed restricted community and if that is the type of place that this lady lives in then it doesn't matter what the state law is. If the by-laws forbid this activity then they can go so far as put a lein on her house and even have her evicted. But one more reason that we moved back to Georgia.

BANDERSNATCH

I wonder what percentage of that community are transplants from up north???? :)

GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE YANKEE!!!!!!!

Bandy

Lthomas

This little old lady more than likely has little old neighbors in an adult comunity. Some of these folks are the most bitter folks one would have the displeasure of ever meeting. Good lord they fight and argue like children.

scshep2002

Banned
WOW Cant feed a squirrel!!! I woul dump a 50lbbag of corn on my neighbors yard and let the furry critters have at it!!! :) All florida is not Yankees my fellow hunters!!!! I may be one of them but we aint all that bad lol :) I like to feed squirrels and havea bird condo in my backyard too :)

firebiker

yep sounds like one of them Deed restricted neighborhoods to me.
Thats why I moved further north and don't live in a neighborhood anymore.
you can't break wind without someone hearing you, or if you don't cut your grass twice a week people frown on you and tell the neighborhood watch commander on you ! :rofl:
I love where im at now, but we are lookin to go further north and get some more acreage and make it even more private :cool:

StriperAddict

scshep2002 said:
WOW Cant feed a squirrel!!! I woul dump a 50lbbag of corn on my neighbors yard and let the furry critters have at it!!! :) All florida is not Yankees my fellow hunters!!!! I may be one of them but we aint all that bad lol :) I like to feed squirrels and havea bird condo in my backyard too :)
Yep, did the same when we lived in Lawrenceville... nobody complained. Hey, some o' us yanks really do like the outdoors :p and hey.. "BANDERSNATCH" that's me in the left lane... 2 inches from yer bumper :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Robk

those little old ladies that patrolled the neighborhood were referred to as the "Grey Haired Gestapo". had one that always walked in the middle of the street when she was out and one day she had the nerve to complain to me when my blazer was blocking the part of my driveway where the sidewalk came thru. I told he that as soon as she decides to start using the sidewalk rather than playing in traffic I might listen to what she has t osay and that if she didn't stop pestering me while I am working on my blazer I was gonna have my kids come out and start pestering her.(She hated us for having small kids that liked to play outdoors in "her" quiet neighborhood.)

Swamprat

Swamprat
I think I will send her a bag of peanuts, bird seed, and corn for Christmas.

That is why I moved from the big city to the country. Hated having everyone else minding your business and not their own.