world record bass

from what i understand

from what i understand it is george perrys record in the picture but im not sure that is just what i was told.

mpowell

i didn't think there were any pics from perry's record book bass. GON had an article just last year on perry and didn't have any pics. if this is legit, it'd be the first i've heard of.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
If that's it in the photo? ---- Something's fishy? :whip:

29X25 -- sho won't come up 22 pounds.:D

Schulze

the fish in the article IS NOT the world record fish.

bilgerat

Senior
22+?

This Story Surfaced Over 2 Years Ago And Has Been Debunked By More Than One Offical Sancantioning Body. It Is Not The Record For Any Line Class ANd As Far As I Know Is Not A Record Of Any Kind. ::huh: prove Me Wrong But That Is What I Understand

AAADawg

According to the story the fish in question was 25 inches around and 29 inches long....accoridng to the IGFA standard for estimating weight the Formula is the Girth squared times the length divided by a constant ratio according to body type of fis...the standard being 800. The formula would look like this...in simple terms....((Girth X Girth) X Length)/800. Uisng this formula the fish in question would have weighed approximately 22.65 Lbs. The trouble is that the ratio of 800 is suitable for fish that have a body type that is longer,generally speaking, than it is around...like Tarpon (actually the 800 Ratio is supposed to be exact for Tarpon...Tarpon are the fish that this formula is based on) It also works well on Trout and fish like Marlin that have tapered bodies and thus the ration changes as your head toward the tail. Largemouth Bass, especcially the one in question, have a different type body...as anyone who has caught a sow in early spring will attest truly huge largemouth bass can be bigger around than they are long....like the footballs that are common in lakes like West Point and Oconee and Sinclair. These fish are generally speaking almost as long as they are around...the ratio is much closer than it is in Tarpon or trout. according to Fishery biologists the Ratio for Largemoth bass body type fish is actually about 1200....the same as for most sunfishes which a largemouth is most definitely one of. Using this ratio the fish in qeustion would weigh about 15 pounds. Looking at the picture I'd say that was about right. There used to be a a picture supposedly of Perry's world record fish and there are numerous reproductive mounts of it in Mueums etc. Perry's fish weighed measured 28.5 inches around and 32.5 inches long....these measurements were certified. Using the formula above this Fish weighed apporoximately 22 lbs. The formula isnt supposed to be exact but it is pretty accurate...just from a measurement standpoint alone it is odvious that the Fish in question wasnt as large as Perry's...it was 3.5 inches less in both length and girth. No matter what formula you use nothing beats common sense and commons sense dictaces that a fish that is longer and bigger around than another one will outweigh the other one....as long as they are both on the same planet!!!

Can you imagine a 32.5 inch long Largemouth??? That is truly incredible...Ive caught several fish over 10 an dthemeasure around 24- 28 inches in length...imagine a largemouth almost a yard long...goof greif what a monster!!!!

Jkidd

My dad has one of I think 500 replica mounts of Perrys Bass that he won years ago for angler of the year in the conasuaga bass masters. I know its BIGGGGG. If I think about it next time I go to my grannys house Ill take a pic of it.

Jason

Schulze

i you have ever been to the bass pro in gwinnett you have seen the fish. Next time you go in turn right near the fire place

BlackKnight755

Its just as you walk in the door to your right as you walk in the main entrance at BassPro in Savanna...
I have saw it many times and everytime I walk in I stop and look and dream... then I go in the store to try to find the right bait for the NEXT world record!!! :cool: