Votes: 10 25.6%
  • 125gr fixed

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 125gr mechanical

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eroc33

what do yall perfer for bear, or why not a certian kind i would think a 125 fixed would be best, but im currious what experience has proven

Wire Nut

never killed a bear with a bow, but will be giving it my best effort this year. I'll be using a 90 gr muzzy. I killed an elk with one. I've never shot an expandable only because I have plenty of muzzy's, but I'd probably buy more if I lost all of them. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd have to say it is all in what you have confidence in. Sorry I didn't vote but my broadhead isn't a choice.

7Mag Hunter

I broke out the heavy stuff...Got some 2216 arrows with
razor sharp Bear Razorheads....140gr....70lbs pull....PSE bow...

Marlin_444

Magnus 4 Blade 125...

:) - THA-WACK... Squirt... Squirt... Squirt... ROAR... DROP!!!

Ron

Eroc33

with all the 100gr fixed responses is that because that is what you already have setup for deer or would that be your choice if you were going to setup just for bear

MCW1984

i have only taken one bear, but the muzzy mx-3 worked very well no damage the the head and the bear went 60yds.

Marlin_444

i have only taken one bear, but the muzzy mx-3 worked very well no damage the the head and the bear went 60yds.

NICE!:cool:

hudalla

It all comes down to shot placement. I have shot a bear with the montag by g5 and with the trophy ridge undertake, both in 100 grain. The trophy ridge did a better job, better blood trail that is. She died running, no death moan which was disappointing but I went and found her twenty mins later.......dead as they come.

It really comes down to if you get it in the vitals or not. Bears suck up an arrow really well and if its a good hit they wont go to far.

We had a guy a few years ago up in canada shoot at a bear but it hit a limb and missed. The bear ended up stepping on the broadhead though and cut a big artery in his paw, we found him dead about 800 yards away.