brand new to fly fishing

fnff

Hey guys - I'm brand new to fly fishing. I'm getting the hang of casting, and I've collected enough equipment to try to catch something. The only big question I still have is where are the good places to get into the Hooch? I live in Marietta, and I don't have a boat, so I'll be wading. Can someone point me in the right direction? The more specific the better. Thanks!

shakey gizzard

Island ford is maxed out on fly guys. There is room for one more spincaster and 2 can fishers.:bounce: Jones bridge is the place to be!:cheers:

allenww

Since you are new, get to know the folks over at NGTO - I think our fall flyfish meetup is maybe next weekend at the hatchery - but for the website type in NGTO (North Georgia Trout Organization). Excellent message board.

wa

fishnpreacher

Fall Fling date is Nov 11 at the Buford hatchery. Great chance to meet and greet some pure diehard trouters, and enjoy some excellant BBQ FOR FREE!!
There will be bucket raffles, silent auction, fly tying, leader furling, lie telling, and a NuCanoe will be raffled off.

bushidobam

Hey guys - I'm brand new to fly fishing. I'm getting the hang of casting, and I've collected enough equipment to try to catch something. The only big question I still have is where are the good places to get into the Hooch? I live in Marietta, and I don't have a boat, so I'll be wading. Can someone point me in the right direction? The more specific the better. Thanks!

If you live in Marietta, you may want to check out the delayed harvest section of the Hooch that starts at Sope Creek NRA and runs down to the 41 bridge. It begins in November 1st and runs through May 15th.

This would be closer to you by far, and you really are not affected by the dam release. This time of year is poor for trout down on that section, but there is some good shoal bass fishing around this time. All of the above mentioned places are good for trout if you don't want to wait until November; I know I wouldn't want to wait. :D