Evening hunt..09/18/2009

Hunter Haven

Had the best hunt of the year so far. Got in my loc-on set up in the hardwoods that I took pics from the other day. The woods were soft from all the rain we had.

My first deer to come in the evening was a very nice buck. It was "kicker" G2 9pt:cool:. He fed on acorns right to me and bedded down "16" yards from me:hair:. I had multiple shots on him, but passed him up along with another 20 yard shot once he got up qartering away. He also has a growth on his right front leg(facing you), that is slightly smaller than a golfball and very dark.:huh: He stayed bedded for 20 minutes chewing cud and was interupted by a doe that decided to walk in. He quickly got up and worked her way. She wanted no part and trotted off. He found the closest tree next to him and went to town on it. He tore it slap up:cool:. He then groomed himself and walked on off on her direction.

Not long after I see movement and catch a glimpse of a deer feed down a hill before being able to glass it. It finally cicles the ridge and comes up. It was a big ol nanny with two lil ones. They fed all around me from 8 yards on out feeding on acorns knocked down by the rains. The fed for 30 minutes or more close by before moving on.

Finally dark set in and I slithered down the tree and snook out quietly.. Had a good hunt. I left completely satisfied knowing that I could have taken the buck. he was nice, but I want a bigger one:bounce:

Last edited:

Arrow3

Sounds like a great hunt!! :cheers:

BOWHUNTER!

Sounds like a successful hunt to me..:banana: Was there anyone in particular that was trying to get you to shoot that buck this afternoon???:huh:

Hunter Haven

Sounds like a successful hunt to me..:banana: Was there anyone in particular that was trying to get you to shoot that buck this afternoon???:huh:

Let's just say "someone" with "powers":bounce: on this board sent me a return text msg. that said:
Smoke Him:rofl::rofl::rofl: