Need to do a good deed? Update!

ddd-shooter

Anyone want to help a youngster get into the sport?

I have a 14 year old cousin who is very small framed and needs a bow somewhere in the 30-40 pound draw range with a relatively short draw (25 or so).
I PROMISE to show you guys pics of him shooting it into my blob or deer target when we get him set up.

I would be willing to throw a few bucks your way to help cover your shipping and troubles...

Mods, if this is inappropriate, I understand and will not complain if you delete it.

Last edited:

deerassassin22

I got some arrows not sure if you can use them but send a pm

ddd-shooter

Wow, you guys are great.
I don't even know what to say. This boy has had a rough childhood and lives with his single mother so I am trying to be a good father-figure type role model for him and you guys are helping to make that possible. I really appreciate it.

trentb

Wow, you guys are great.
I don't even know what to say. This boy has had a rough childhood and lives with his single mother so I am trying to be a good father-figure type role model for him and you guys are helping to make that possible. I really appreciate it.
pm sent

ddd-shooter

Yep. Thanks to trentb he will have a good bow, and thanks to deerassassin22 he will have top notch carbon arrows too!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone have an old rest they don't want/don't use anymore?

Last edited:

Gentleman4561

And this is why i stick around the campfire

ddd-shooter

Well here are the pics...as promised.
My hats off to trentb and deerassassin22. Two top-notch guys in my book! He now has arrows, broadheads, fieldpoints, a stabilizer, a rest, 3 pin fiber optic sight, wrist sling and a great bow.
We had a good time learning how to shoot and working on form and aiming. Draw length is a smidge long, but he will grow in to it. Never got past 10 yards but didn't need to either. A great day made possible by two great Woody's members!!! Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
D

Dawgy_Daddy

Looks like a natural. Good job guys.. Theres rewards laid up for ya..

ddd-shooter

Hope he enjoys it. let me know if there is anything else he needs.

He is doing great! He should be good for a few years...He is in the early learning stages, but havin fun. Even asked if I would take him to some bow shoots when they start back up! I think he may have the itch!
Thanks again!!

D

Dawgy_Daddy

I think I started about 12 and the more he improves the "itchier" he will get.