Another one bites the dust...

Went to Savannah Monday night and hunted Stewart Tuesday Morning. I did not have a stand so i sat on the ground. I had my Nikon D90 and my tripod so i was gonna try to get some video this time. I must of took a good 5 minutes of video of a really nice 10 point and some hogs feeding in the same oak ridge together in the middle of a swamp about 60 yards away and then shut it off before i ran out of juice. One of the hogs ended up winding me and the whole bunch took off along with the buck. About 5 minutes later, two doe and a fawn came walking in to about 30 yards and i got the shot i wanted and i took it. She went 3 feet. 1 foot in the air and 2 foot down and then did some break dancing... It was an awesome morning.

After getting back to the house where i was staying, i tried to show the family the footage of the buck and the hogs and it did not work...I am gonna send the camera back to Nikon because it simply will not take video footage. I was a bit disappointed but know right where they will be on Friday!! :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 504

sfretwell

Nice work, good luck on that 10-pointer! Hey, are hogs legal year round at Stewart? I've wanted to get out that way but have never had time to do so.

R

redneckcamo

good story man !!...congrats ;]

hows th retirement workin out fer ya ???